Text on condensed stave an in parts

Hello.
I’m writing a score for double winds orchestra, and after notating I’m condensing the full score. At one point I need the word “innocente” for each upper wind part. I have to put it over each instrument in the score, so that it shows up in each part. However, I then get superfluity in the condensed score, as the attached picture shows.

Do you have any advice?
Isabelle

On the Condensing page of Notation Options, make sure the option to consolidate text items is activated.

4 Likes

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the help. I’m afraid I can’t see how to do that though. I’ve gone from either Write or Engrave, to Library > Notation Options, and hit the Condensing tab. I can’t see anything about text. Is there something I’m missing, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Isabelle

You’re right, Isabelle. No such option exists! Sorry about that.

In that case, would you be able to post your project, or a cut-down version of it that contains enough music to reproduce the problem, so I can take a closer look?

Hi Dan, I can post a cut-down version (you mean a .dorico file?) after the weekend.

In the meantime, I have come up with a workaround to my problem, which is to add the word “innocente” as a playing technique for the winds, and then it gets condensed as I want. Good enough for now!

Isabelle

1 Like

Yep, that’s it!