Thanks for developing Dorico!

My first music notation program in the 80s was the Copyist. Some years later, I moved to Professional Composer. In the early 90s, I started using Finale, and somewhere in the early 2000s, Sibelius. Each of these programs was an incremental and significant development in music notation software. Now, in 2021, I finally had the time to work on a few projects using Dorico. Dorico is undoubtedly a HUGE step ahead in music notation software. There’s no going back!!! I want to congratulate Dorico’s team. Thanks for developing Dorico!!!

7 Likes

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this, @alvira. I’m delighted you’re finding it useful and that you enjoy using it. Long may it continue!

Thanks to you and your team!

Hello,
I too would like to thank you for the excellent work you have done on this excellent and the word is weak music notation software.
I am a music teacher, arranger and conductor and I have always worked with Finale.
Of this software I do what I want with it.
However, we can see that Dorico goes much further by trying to propose a standard which means that once the software is correctly configured, there is almost nothing more to do.
At the moment I am much slower than with Finale and that is normal but I know that if I invest time I will be even faster than with Finale.
I’ve released several scores already where I just entered the notes, rhythm, dynamics, chords etc. and everything came out perfectly without any intervention afterwards.
It’s very, very impressive.
Congratulations to all the Dorico team who are always ready to listen and who answer present in the forum.
Bravo, bravo, bravo!!!

2 Likes

I have some fond memories of Professional Composer. It came in a fancy black slip-case box with raised plastic lettering and a spiral bound manual. I still have all of those things.