Thanks Steinberg

Hi All,
Forgive me if this is in the wrong area.
I just wanted to do something that probably doesn’t happen often here.
By it’s nature forums like this tend to become the realm of problems and ways to overcome them.
When everything’s going fine people don’t tend to come here so it could seem to Steinberg, all they ever hear is complaints.
So for a change I wanted to thank Steinberg.
I’m not the usual target of their product (18 mths ago I didn’t even know what a DAW was.)
I have some physical limitations that render playing instruments difficult and Cubase has enabled me to actually compose real pieces of music. I can’t thank them enough for providing me that opportunity.
That doesn’t mean I wont be back here with numerous other “silly” questions but I wanted them to hear some positivity for a change.
Thankyou to all the talented minds that have continued to work on this product.
It is changing lives.
Thx
G

Hi G,

I agree 100% with your comments.
Although I don’t have the same issues you have, like you, I am continually impressed by the way Cubase allows people like us to express ourselves musically.
Every time I open Cubase, and start a new product, I think about my pre DAW / Cubase days, and all the restrictions I felt back then!!
I look forward to hearing your creations in the forums :smiley:

Jim B

I date back to 8 track 1" days. Believe me recording anything on a DAW is an incredibly satisfying process in comparison.

Remember audio alignment tapes. De-gaussing. Splicing tape. Wow and flutter. Print through. Slave reels. Dolby NR. The list of possible pitfalls is endless.

Despite the occasional crash (very, very occasional nowadays actually) I am sticking right here.

+1 to the OP… 10 years ago or there abouts, I (and others) started noticing my fingerpicking wasn’t what it used to be… that was the start of the slide to today where I can no longer play well enough for records due to rheumatoid arthritis - ankylosing sponylitis to be specific. Played gtr, bass a little keys all by ear… can’t read or write music and I know less about music theory than I do anything midi, which is next to nothing. Consoles to tape to now all in the box so I do know the I/O of engineering and have been using Cubase since SX3. I ‘retired’ in 2008 and around mid '13 my mobility was donw about 60% so I’ve spent the last few years learning more and more about midi & theory, primarily by using the Chord track with an Instrument track or three, VI’s and other things this ol guy never wanted to learn - “didn’t need all that…”, I thought… Now I do - and it’s been a life safer… I can still get the music out thanks to these tools and I’m learning new stuff at the same time…

+1, thanks too !! I’ve been using Cubase to make music for 20 years now and it’s always provided everything I need to get on with the job and create a professional product. The wealth of tools it provides is very broad and it’s quick and easy to use, so long may it continue to develop into the future.

Mike.

ive been using Cubase for over 25 years, from the early Atari days. i just cant seem to let go. when i think back about that first version…it has certainly come a LONG WAY.

but im an “In for a Penny, In for a Pound” kinda guy…

Ain’t that the truth. I was rummaging in a cabinet recently and came across an old tape head demagnetizer - made me chuckle.

And it’s not just replacing old technology. The tools we have now allow us to do things that would have been impossible in the tape days, and at a modest price too. For example, the Beatles song Strawberry Fields Forever is made from 2 different takes one at the start and the other at the end. But the takes were in different keys and tempos. By happenstance it turned out when they changed the playback speed to match tempos the pitch change caused the keys to match. Total luck that they had the right combination, or that great groundbreaking song would never have existed in the form we know. Shift to today and matching both the tempo and key, even if they aren’t a magic combination, becomes almost trivial. Back in the 60’s that capability couldn’t be bought for any price. Now it’s just one out of a huge number of features that you can get for a few hundred bucks.

I have found that coming from an analog background, the Steinberg is understandable. That have provided a knowledge base that is understandable…if one like me will invest the time to research. This is far better than my old home studio armed with all kinds of outboard equipment.

Steinberg is an encouragement to me.

Yes indeed, sincere thanks and gratitude to Steinberg for creating and constantly improving Cubase. It is absolutely fantastic! Even if money was no object, I’d never go back to the “old ways” of analog tape.

Thank you Steinberg! :smiley:

Changed my life, for sure. Thanks :sunglasses: