The audio files were damaged

I recorded a few singers last week.
Today I opened the software and it worked well. Then the files started playing fast and since the project makes problems,the files have also been corrupted in the project’s audio folder. The audio is sounds very very fast (maybe 10 times what was recorded) and the tone also increased a lot. (Some of the sounds are not damaged, some are heard fast and some much faster) I tried to play with the Sample Rate as well but it did not help.
When I open the project I get an error message that there is a problem and “please contact support”.
The application was terminated with an error while executing the following file:
file: /// C: /windows/system32/vcruntime140.dll

The rest of the projects are working properly.
What to do?
Thanks
Yonatan

[Cubase 11.0.30.419 64bit 2021.8.15 15.15.24.898.dmp|attachment]
(upload://7srxHs0nsnnVmxhyNofPJL2n6Jw.dmp) (582.3 KB)

Hi,

Could you please attach the *.dmp file?

Cubase 11.0.30.419 64bit 2021.8.15 15.15.24.898.dmp (582.3 KB)

Attached.

Thank you!

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

How one turn to Steinberg for support? I have not found an email address that can be contacted (there are only email addresses for vendors that sell the products).

Thank you!

Hi,

You can rise a ticket from your MySteinberg account.

1 Like

Hi Yonatan, I’ve had a look into the crash dump. It’s not possible to tell why Cubase crashes. Could you submit (PM or OneDrive) the project file and one of the corrupt audio files by chance? I’ll run it in the debugger and see if it also crashes on my system.
For a quick workaround: do you have a .bak file of your project which is not corrupted (yet)? If you could also submit that one would be great.
Thanks
Christina
QA Steinberg

Thanks for the feedback!

I uploaded the project to One Drive but it is not possible to share the link here in the forum. I would be happy if you could send an email address through which the link can be sent.

Thanks

Hi,

I increased your “Trus Level” here on the forum. Now, you should be allowed to share the link.

1 Like

Thank you!

Attached is a link to a project on One Drive.
https://treeoflife1110927-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/meir_prudentix_com/EombDCjrSSNGoIMnH-Xe3aEBXt7NsTJp6xDYxsX6qDSMxg?e=U8rRW9

My problem is not that the software is crashing, the problem is that the audio files have changed speed and are played very fast and in a high tone. The orange-colored channels work well. Other than that the other channels were damaged.

You will hear the “Meir lead” channel within the project and understand what I mean. (I also attached a picture, I would like that you hear what I have
circled in red).

Also included is audio from the project’s audio folder - the files there are also corrupted.

Also the backups are starting the project with the same problem.

Thank you!

Hi @yonatanstn , I have downloaded the files from your OneDrive. I’ll get back to you when I found out what happened.
Best
Christina

Hi @yonatanstn , I have just uploaded instructions on how to correct the pitch of your recorded files.
I think that there was a mismatch between your audio interface settings (externally clocked?) and your project sample rate, which lead to your vocal recordings being recorded at 22.05 kHz, stored as 44.1 kHz wave files - and played back in a 96 kHz project - causing the “Mickey Mouse” sound effect.
I hope my instructions in your OneDrive are helpful.
In case this keeps happening on other projects, without ambiguous project and audio interface settings, please let me know.
Thank you.
Christina

1 Like

Wow. Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. I looked at One Drive and saw the pictures. I will try it and update you on what came out.
Appreciate the effort. Thank you!
Yonathan

Thank you very much for your help! I did what you suggested and it solved the problem! Took a while because there were a lot of parts but it was worth it! Thanks again

Great to hear! Have fun with your studio!

1 Like

Thank you !!