The best - Audio Interface - for cubase?

Why MADI? Have you got a large distance between them?

No , Maybe I will go RME ADAT to Ferrofish A32 Pro , Just not sure as I havenā€™t worked this way before . used ThunderBolt since moving From Protools IO over 10 years ago , this way of working in very new to me ā€¦

Blockquote
When I asked if thereā€™s a good one for Cubase, I meant maybe cubase could control the PREs, or do more in the mixer to control the IO

if you want to control the Audio interface within Cubase , i think its
only possible with Steinbergā€™s Audio interfaces.
i personally have the UR44 (also MR816 which is not in use right now)
and for the UR44 i prefer to disable (with workaround there is no option to disable it or uninstall it !! ) the extension to cubase and use its own DSP mixer separately .
the issue for me is that if i use ur44 with cubase extension there is no access to DSP mixer anymore and i dont hear the inputs from the hardware when cubase is running, i have always have to create/open a project and create audio channels to monitor the inputs, its not convenient for me cuz i want my external keyboards ,guitar and inputs in general always to be monitored.
also the UR44 for me is stable but the Pre-amps are noisy when cranked up and the headphone output power is kind of low.
maybe in the newer Models(UR-C series and AXR4) its better and improved regarding the integration!
in other studio that i work at, we have 2 RME Raydat cards that are still supported and get driver updates after many years and work Flawlessly with Apogee Adat converters

It bypasses no inputs or outputs. It kind of bypasses its internal mixer. This way you donā€™t have to worry about having done any routing in TotalMix.

EDIT: Added link to YT video

1 Like

Ohhh , cheers , ive never seen this ,ive only been using Rme for 15 years lol

I have 3 AXR4 Thunderbolt and i say RME RME RME :rage:

You need to prioritize the important things.
Is it latency? Reliability ? Price? Audio quality? Extendibility?
For me RME UFX+ was in many ways the best interface however it is discontinued and no replacement have been shown. RME seems to suffer very badly from components shortage.
And I dont see that RME have anything high-end good available at the moment.
If money was of no concern and I had to have a new interface today would have picked up a apogee symphony. (Not the USB-C desktop model)

1 Like

PCIexpress is the best. Thunderbolt is a limited PCIexpress over optical fibre or wire.

My old UR44 serves me well.

1 Like

Thanks for you great replyā€™s. I guess I there is not best! But my question really was c12 integration ā€¦. I think itā€™s going to be RME madi to Farrofishā€¦. But I still
Like the idea of controlling the mic pres in cubase :slight_smile:

Ok so bought RME MADIFace USB and Ferrofish A32pro , so simple . sounds better than UAD and plug and play , not more restarting my laptop , simply pull the USB and keep working .

Love it , thank for all your help

Andy

2 Likes

As I work on a MacBook Pro max out , I keep it up today for the foreseeable future, to finish this thread I just have to say I sold all my UAD, including the plug-ins, and with the new RMA set up I have to say I feel a huge sigh of relief and freedom not only does it sound better it just is simply to use quicker and more efficient once again thanks to everyone on this thread for the help.

Best Andy

3 Likes

RME !!! Donā€™t look to UAudio: it doesā€™nt work for 5 or 6 years and NO SOLUTION is given by UAudio (a shame). RME (UFX, UCX, FF802ā€¦) works WITHOUT any problem on PC (AND Mac)

Burl Mother Ship and Lynx Aurora here running over Dante at 96KHz utilizing the Marian Clara E Dante PCI3 interface card. This card allows for 8192 Cubase buffer samples while running projects at 96KHz - currently at 80X80 which I use for large stem count analog summing (but able to go much higher if needed). Running rock solid and never had a Cubase crash or freeze so I am assuming both the Burl and Lynx drivers are excellent.

After years of using an UR22 with Cubase and now Nuendo, I thought I would make a change because I needed loopback for something coming up. In the end I went for a Motu M4. I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked at low latency (low latency for me is 64 bit/48khz).

M4 | MOTU.com