The easiest way to combine mono files [L+R] into stereo.

I have stereo recordings as L+R mono tracks, made on a remote recorder.

I would love to be able to merge them as stereo files when imported into WL. Not just single files but say 30-40 in one go. Is this possible - or is there another smart way to achieve this?

Mads

You want to combine pairs of dual mono files into stereo single files? You can do this in WaveLab >= 8.0.3
from the batch processor.

Thanks PG - tried this before with no luck, but this time I got it right!

Mads

I have to do this quite a bit as a few producers like to send their ProTo*ls files as L&R mono.

I have set up a permanent batch processor with output and format preferences set. All you then need to do is set the output directory and drag the L & R files in. Works like a charm.

This is the sort of stuff that WL excels at.

I have set up a permanent batch processor with output and format preferences set. All you then need to do is set the output directory and drag the L & R files in. Works like a charm.

Are you mentioning the new watch folders of WaveLab 8.5? If not, that would even be easier with it :slight_smile:

If the watch folders can do this easier it’s even better ;->

Are there any plans of detailed video tutorials on how to use watch folders - that would be wonderful!

Actually I think that there are quite a few “hidden” functions in Wavelab, where video tutorials could help users, and potential users, to realize how deep the program is, and that it’s not as difficult as they think. Just having the manual can be off-putting for many.

Mads

If you already know the batch processor, the watch folder are quite easy to use.

Other videos:

Wonderful - So they’re already there.
Hopefully more features will be covered (not only new features) in coming video tutorials, like batch-processing.

Mads

I couldn’t find any specific instructions on how to do this in the manual (it would help if there were a step-by-step guide in there). Just out of interest, what did you do exactly to get it right?

(I can see that you can activate ‘accept dual mono files’ below the list of files in the batch processor but not sure how this helps. How do you actually get the dual mono files saved as stereo files?)

Bump :astonished: :open_mouth:

PG? anyone?

Couldn’t find any specific instructions on how to do this in the manual (it would help if there were a step-by-step guide in there) and as far as I can tell nothing in this thread tells us exactly how to do this. So please, anyone care to actually describe in detail how you combine two mono files (L+R) into a single stereo file using the Batch processor?

Just drop your mono files into the batch processor. They must have a name pattern, eg. Piano-L.wav, Piano-R.wav, then select the output file format, eg. Standard stereo wav. That is all.

Thanks PG. Your reply coincides with further tests I was making here and it’s now working as expected. My previous test must have been erroneous. I am guessing that ‘accept dual mono files’ must be checked for this to work correctly.