The File Browser in Cubase 12/Win 10pro doesn’t show WAV files nor a MIDI files

Hi all,
Have strange problem!
Using Cubase Pro 12.0.10 on Windows 10 Pro 21H2.
The File Browser in Cubase 12 on the right doesn’t show WAV files nor a MIDI files, only the folders are visible.
In the MediaBay everything is OK, they import and play fine.
Rescanning does not help, the File Browser in Cubase 12 on the right doesn’t show WAV files. Only the folders are visible.
Isn’t this a bug on Cubase 12 or on Windows 10 pro?
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hi,

Double-check the filter of the MediaBay Rack, please.

Thanks for the reply Martin.Jirsak
Resetting and changing filters in Media Bay, rescanning hard drives doesn’t change anything on the Media rack in the right zone of the Project window.
It still shows only folders, but not audio and midi files.

Any other way to solve this problem?

Hi,

Oh, I see. Do you meet system requirements (specifically the minimum screen resolution), please?

Yes,
my monitor resolution is 1920x1080
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Hi,

This meets the specification.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.
1 Like

I updated the graphics card driver, but the result is the same.
The strangest thing is that not only Cubase 12 Pro, but even WaveLab Pro 11 doesn’t show WAV files. Only the folders are visible?

Screen’s not tall enough.

Hi,

What happens, if you click to the bottom line in the MediaBay Rack, please?

Everything is fine in the MediaBay. Plays the sounds at the tempo and import them into the project. The only problem is that C 12 project window doesn’t show them in the media browser as audio and midi files, but only as folders. I’m starting to think that there is a problem with the compatibility of Windows 10 pro 21H2 version and Cubase 12 Pro?
I wrote about this to Steinberg support and I hope to get some answer for this strange problem.

Hi,

I referred to the MediaBay Rack (right zone in the Project window). Please, try it.

1 Like

Hi,

Instead of running Cubase as administrator, install it as administrator and ruin it as standard user, please.

Thank you very much Martin.Jirsak, this works and this is exactly what helped them appear!
Very strange, because I haven’t had such a problem with any Cubase version from 5 to 12.
I wasted so much time with this!
Thanks again

Once again, I want to thank you for your help Martin Jirsak.
My question to you is, isn’t it easier to open this option by default in Cubase, and not have so many hidden clicks here, click there.
I jumped out of Studio 1 pro, where everything is much easier, but I’ve always preferred Cubase.
As a loyal user, I think that instead of having hundreds of unusable and strange options, Cubase should be more user friendly.
Regards

Hi,

This part is visible by default in Cubase. For some reason it didn’t work for you.

I am not sure what you did to fix this. I had the same problem.

By removing folders from the database in Media Bay and then adding them works.
Folders get rescanned and wave files appear in the right Media panel.