The Halion 7 Sale

So, if I’m not mistaken…usually once a year the Halion Upgrades go on sale. Do you guys think it’s gonna happen this fall? I wanna pull the trigger on the update…but just bought a motorcycle and I gots no cash! :grin:

Amadeus e.d.p.

2 Likes

Is it a Yamaha?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ha! I wish! I cheap little 168cc Scooter. It’s what happens when you have a mid life crisis on a budget!

Amadeus e.d.p

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

That’s good stuff! :laughing:

I’m also waiting for a sale before making the jump to HALion 7. I have HALion 6, but also an old HALion Sonic 2 license which I should probably upgrade before it becomes obsolete.

After looking at my USB-eLicensers I guess I have a HALion 5 license, too. This whole new Steinberg Licensing kind of created a unique situation for people who invested in different licenses for different systems and/or purposes. My Cubase Elements license has become useless, for sure. I won’t even get into the MP3 upgrade patch and Padshop Pro situation … I have one of my four USB-eLicensers just dedicated to worthless crap at this point! :roll_eyes:

After cross-grading one of my Cubase Pro licenses to Nuendo, I suppose my other Cubase Pro license is almost useless at this point as well. I might try to sell some things at some point, but it’s not worth the effort right now.

Anyway … sorry for getting sidetracked.

Bring on the HALion sale! :grin:

2 Likes

I hear you Scab,

There was a little pain for me but it actually worked out for the better in the end regarding my licenses. I was all the way back on Cubase 6 so I upgraded everything and kinda avoided a lot of issues I think.

I also liked when they had the “Instrument of the Month”. I should have pulled the trigger on a couple but DID manage to get some gems!

Amadeus e.d.p.

1 Like

And I third your seconding! Bring on the Halion Sale!!!

Amadeus e.d.p.

1 Like

I think it’s an amazing gesture on Steinberg’s part to offer update pricing all the way back to Cubase 4. Anyone who feels like he/she is being forced to update is badly mistaken.

Yep!

With you again Scab…it was an AMAZING deal. I don’t USE Cubase at all. I’m on Logic Pro and the workflow is easier to understand for my personal way of doing music. I DID however want to get back into using Cubase to do the actual audio recording because Logic’s Audio Engine is from the 80’s.

Hammer Pants and All.

Amadeus e.d.p.

2 Likes

Oh, no you didn’t … :rofl:

1 Like

Awe maaaaan!

Halion isn’t part of the summer sale!

I’m gonna cry. Then pout. Then modulate some wave tables.

Amadeus e.d.p.

1 Like

HALion 7 and Absolute 6 are likely too new to be in the summer sale. I’d expect the first sale to be later in the year - perhaps around Black Friday.

1 Like

Yeah,

I’m with you David. I thought about it. They JUST released H7. However…

I’m wondering what library thats on sale that I want to pick up. It appears to be a LOT of the instruments, but not all of them.

Has anybody tried any of the vocal based libraries? Are they any good?

Amadeus e.d.p.

1 Like

I have also considered updating Halion when it goes down to a reasonable price, but I am confused. Is FM-Lab a part of Halion 7 or is it an addon that has to be bought separately seeing that FM-Lab is on sale now.

Yeah I saw FM Lab for sale too. Separately. I ASSUME it won’t open in Halion 6 and JUST work as a stand alone synth aka Pad Shop?

Amadeus e.d.p.

I think it would work in Halion Sonic (the free one). You’ll get an FM Lab tile, you know, like Flux, or Novel Piano?

Personally, I couldn’t wait any longer and used the back door discount to Absolute. (50 for Retrologue 2 that is on sale, and then 350 to crossgrade from Retrologue 2 to Absolute).

FM Lab is part of Absolute 6, HALion 7 and HALion Sonic Collection 7. It is also available separately for those who do not own any of those products.

Weird loophole, but if it works be happy :slight_smile:

Interesting and cool that it’s available. I need to warm up with FM (see what I did there)!

Amadeus e.d.p.

Where is everybody?

Every day. Steinberg.net Let it rip Steinberg!

It’s ok if you start the sale early! I won’t be upset!

Amadeus e.d.p.