The joy of anticipation

By way of comparison, the number of words in the Dorico 4 Version History is approximately 0.97 The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobes, or 1.2 Charlie And The Chocolate Factorys (sic). Notwithstanding that those are children’s books, if you can read them in an hour, you’re doing pretty well! :smiley:

13 Likes

I had the sam thought, lol. I LOVE to read, but goodness me I’m slow at it.

Oh dear, I might need to stock up on tea.

2 Likes

Please don’t do a relative comparison on the manual, I don’t think I could take it.

13 Likes

What a curious epitaph, yours will be! :laughing:

I’m pretty sure reading the change notes will be less painful than the wait to get the change notes.

1 Like

But will it be as entertaining? In the film of the release notes, will it be Gene Hackman or Johnny Depp? And are we talking the classic BBC adaptation, or these recent computerised mice? Yes, I hear you thinking, I have lost sight of my point…

Since we had that infamous leak, maybe we can start criticizing the new version before it is out?

Paolo

I can criticize it. There’s way too many new features! I can’t begin to think how I’ll use all of them.

100 pages of bug fixes or 100 pages of new features?

I’m very curious to see the list of new features and improvements. I can only speculate so much!

Can the notes describing the changes be formatted as an audio book? Perhaps read by Patrick Stewart?

I waited a year and a half, and I’m only getting 97% of The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe?!

What a letdown! :exploding_head: :laughing:

2 Likes

Come over to my place. I buy loose leaf by the 2lb bag (literally).

1 Like

Gene Wilder, if you’re referring to Willy Wonka.

1 Like

But now I’m quite interested to see Gene Hackman’s take on Willy Wonka…

2 Likes

Gene Wilder must be Gene Hackman all Dahled up.

1 Like

Anthony Hughes sounds just as good imho! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll take it!

1 Like

Whoops!