the Lost Features topic

I’ll leave it at a misundertsanding ,which I’m still under.You originally said “VST32 was a colored version of Cubase Atari” which sounded like one of the grossest exaggerations I’ve ever heard, given all the progress. You explain that you meant just the use experience . But thats in an app that added VST instruments , audio and ASIO for audio which meant a A/D interface and setup. If that was a flat line user experience for everyone else , then its just me.

Let’s let your thread get back on track

ROFLMAO
{‘-’}

Yeah, I hear you. However with plugins, I don’t even use program changes anymore, I just add another track for different sounds, it works… for a while I used to add a PC entry using the list editor, but that’s also tedious and one needs to be remember where the change was etc., just not convenient.

With external synthesizers however (and I got a few :slight_smile: ) it’s a pain in the neck, but I AM changing how I use them, really. I know a lot of people think that it doesn’t make any sense to hang onto old gear and that plugins are just as good, etc. BUT I disagree on one point… USING a dedicated machine, like my Jupiter, SuperNova, Virus, etc., beats anything when it comes to speed and tweaking. It has a purpose and it’s specific! :slight_smile:

Thats pretty much my experience exactly. I still have 13 external synths and I use it least a couple on every song. Much faster and easier on my 5 year old PC.

Funny as I hadn’t even thought about a program change in years.

I use mine a lot, though I’ve let the VSTi’s creep up on me. :stuck_out_tongue: I have absolutely nothing against them, it’s just faster to work the hardware… :slight_smile: (However, I HAVE been playing with Padshop constantly since it came out.)

I’ve also noticed that recording myself playing synthesizers onto audio tracks have slowly increased over the last few years. I am not sure what the reason is, maybe I am not as meticulous in “programming” the sequencer as I’ve been in the past or maybe playing just makes it easier as you get older. :laughing:

Speaking of nothing, the Atari Falcon was mentioned, and actually a couple/few weeks after I had bought one (I believe it was one of the very first batches), I went on a trip around the world, and a couple of years later when I came back (this was when I was young and still in Sweden) my stuff was either in storage or had made nice gifts… ironically, my OLD Atari ST was still around, but the Falcon was but a memory. But what can you do, parents are parents and I was on my own. “Nihil est miserum nisi cum putes!” :wink: