The mixing console slows Dorico down

Hello,

I work with a dozen Kontakt instances for a total of about 60 instruments.

When I open the mixing console and only when I open it, Dorico becomes very slow.

It is therefore impossible to adjust the volume faders, to lower a fader I need 2 minutes.

I don’t have this problem on Sibelius or my DAWs

Is that normal? Is an optimization planned?

My configuration:
W10 64 bits
i7 2600k
32 GB RAM
I’m working on an SSD

Thank you for your answers.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Unfortunately the Mixer window is indeed very slow when there are many channels. If not all of the channels in each Kontakt instance is used, go to Endpoint Setup and specify the number of channels that should appear in the Mixer.

We do certainly plan to optimise the Mixer in a future release.

I reported the same problem (End of September 2019) after I upgraded to Dorico 3. When I open the mixer and touch the inserts/sends the program hangs and stops working - I have to force quit and re-start. It is not as bad with just 2 instruments it just slows down and delays operations. I had the same results with HS and NotePrformer. I did reinstall Dorico 3 - no improvements.

Model Name: MacBook Pro 2018 - Mac OS 10.14.6
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

The Mixer has actually had a lot of attention from Paul to make its performance much better in Dorico 3, but unfortunately those improvements have been undone (by me, inadvertently) with the introduction of a bug that causes the program to continually recalculate the labels for all of the buttons that can show menus, which affects the performance of the application as a whole. This bug will be fixed in a forthcoming update, coming this week.

We appreciate your throwing yourself on the mixer bug sword.