The new forum is confusing

I have used Cubase products in one form or another for 30 years. I used to be a regular visitor, reader and contributor on these forums, but this latest type of forum leaves me cold, so I hardly ever visit now.

Perhaps this was what they intended.

Steinberg have never cried out to provide good support, if any, so why would they want a forum format where it is easy for people to follow all the problems with their products.

I find the new forums a screen real-estate-wasting mess.

At first glance it looks pretty, then you realise how much less actual information you get on each screenful you view.

There is no logical heirachy any more.

2 Likes

Oh and this completely condescending voting system.

30 years a user and I am allowed TWO ******* votes!!!

I just assume they don’t value my presence and move on.

I’ll probably spend another 10 minutes in the forums after the next release, whenever that is, just to see if they actually made the product itself stable again?

1 Like

And a logical hierarchy is important because…?

If you refuse to use this forum the way it is designed and instead try to shoehorn it into how the old forum worked, then yeah your experience will probably suck.

I initially hated this forum, but after a few weeks realized it is orders of magnitude better than the old one

• Much easier to effectively search. I’ve yet to run into something like “The term ‘track’ has been omitted from your search results because it is too common” which happened all the time on the old forum
  • Much easier to post screenshots. On the old forum you either had to 1) post an image as a link or 2) host the image on your own to post the image inline. In all cases a file had to be created. Now no file is needed and posting is as easy as ctrl+C & ctrl+V for an inline image. Because of this way more images are being posted. Which means that problems folks are having are easier to debug when others can see the actual settings instead of just having them described. And on the answering side it is great to visually indicate Controls, Settings, Menus and the like. Overall this makes sharing information both faster and more accurate.
  • Much easier to scan new messages & responses. On the old forum you had to repeatedly navigate over an arbitrary hierarchy to locate messages that might be of interest. On here after an initial 10 minutes of configuring things to match my interests, everything I want to see is presented to me. The old forum was like staying in a business motel where you had to go down to the lobby for a breakfast buffet with a do-it-yourself waffle maker while the new forum is like hotel room service.

I have heard when the automobile was introduce, many were angry that their buggy whips no longer worked on them.

2 Likes

I’ve completely stopped using the forum, as a result of the new layout. It is plainly uninviting.

1 Like

Well, not completely… :innocent:

Touché, @steve . I can almost hear you snickering.
What are you looking to achieve here? Truly?
With this kind of a wise ass reply from a moderator, I have to assume Steinberg is not interested in listening to it’s users, but instead ridicule them.

Nice one.

Assume what you like, it was a light-hearted joke.

You do realize that Steve like most of the Mods here does not work for Steinberg and is a fellow Cubase user like you or me volunteering their time to do the mod work.

4 Likes