The new little Camera icon

Now you got me curious…

I agree with the op on this one…

(about the superflouos camera icon everywhere now)

I like the camera icon…Studio One buries this feature in a menu, which is ok too, but having a one-click camera icon is more convenient.

That said: please move it further away from the preset dialog box/buttons. My brain has clicked on the camera icon a few times when trying to save presets because I think it’s subconsciously thinking, “that thing next to the presets must be the save icon.” Moving the camera icon further to the right, but to the left of the plugin menu button would be the ideal location IMO. It’s not a feature that will regularly get used more than once per plugin, so it doesn’t need the prominent real estate.

Just my two cents.

How about in the little menu that every plugin has - where the “about” menu is and the “always on top” - you know top right arrow down menu of every plugin…

That would seem to be the best solution and placement…

(as it stands - and this is purely subjective and half jokingly so dont be offended- it looks like whoever created/implemented it was very proud of it and wanted it in the spotlight:P)

Lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
+10000

Cubase puts camera icon in menu
People here: “Why move the icon? I can’t find it! It was fine where it was!” :unamused:

Cubase puts camera icon in menu
-People who have been using cubase since decades : what is this kiddie shi* ? - get it out of my line of sight and stop trying to distract me with unimportant imagery that has nothing to do wiht music prodution…

-People who installed cubase for the first time with cubase 10- firstly ever touching a daw : “Why move the icon? I can’t find it! It was fine where it was!” :unamused:

→ this is pure speculation and subjectivly 100% correct from my view point so do not take it as gospel. :wink:

Have a nice day everybody=)

edit: mind you, this was one guy with an idea- probably someone who doesnt make music on a daily basis…thought it was a “cute” idea… - but steinberg and cubase is bigger than one “amateurish” decision… and music is millions of times bigger in comparrison to than the baby steinberg :wink:
-we all do what we can… hopefully to the better :wink: - leaving false pride aside that is… :wink:

It has been a feature requested by many since C7 or whenever pictures where implemented.
I would have preferred an alias option for plugin names, but this picture feature makes it easier to find certain plugins.
Especially for those with many 3rd party plugins.

I’ve tried this for a while and a little image is so much more compelling than a plugin name in a list, especially if you see the names inside a folder.
If things are “hidden” like that you only go to the things you know where they are, but looking through the images at least I get inspired to do something when I see some interesting plugin I’ve not had enough of.
It’s a silly human thing I guess but I really like it haha! Who would have thunk?

I hear ya…
i do not mind the pictures - as someone mentioned, one can turn them off - I do not use the right bar anyway…

All I am suggesting is that the little camera icon gets a new home :wink: - in the “always on top” menu"
-out of mind, out of sight, where it belongs…

• I use the “always on top” quite a few times actually… I am positive that all of you have/or will use the "always on top+ more than the camera icon.
    -so why put the camera icon in such a prominent place? - it will get minimal use… I guess the “selfie” generation must love it - feeds into their narcisism having that cam always infront of their face… lol – (just a little humor - or is it? :stuck_out_tongue: )

:astonished: yes
it’s so large its gravitational force pulls the focus of my mind to it rather than the preset selector thingie I’m actually aiming at.
I’ve used the preset selector so many times so i don’t really stop and watch what I click on.
I just hit the larg white blurb at the rim of my field of vision and … it’s now a freakin’ camera??? :astonished:
me not like!
Just move it to the right side of the top bar and all is good, please, with sugar on top!

That is happening today because of touchscreen, easier to access, everything on one screen

Again, if you’re letting this little icon distract you from making music, maybe you should try fishing or chess.

trying

I do not kill other life… go fishing yourself if that is your thing…

and please, spare me with your personal attacks, ok?

→ back on topic=)

Of all the things wrong with C10, this is what your complaint is?

You are right. Cubase would need to open each plugin and snap a photo. Waveform by Tracktion Software Corp does this by the way. Hit “go” and it goes through each plugin in your folder and snaps a GUI shot. It takes a long time if you have a bunch of plugins but you don’t have to sit there so it’s not painful. I’d say it grabs about 90% of them correctly.

I bet some enterprising soul could write a macro…?