'The power of music compels you'

Obsession :astonished: ? Compulsion :open_mouth: ?
:laughing:

That is not a disease or disorder. Just a calling.BTW thats always my fear of download trials of expensive plug ins!

I might think that those compulsions are just the nature of people drawn to the creative side. I doubt any one here could be handed something new to try an hour before going somewhere or going to sleep that wouldnā€™t go for it and wind up overtime.

BTW Mr M. Iā€™ll be in San Francisco area mid August ā€¦ I would certainly be available to make time and say hello if you have the time .

Then donā€™t download anything from Softube. Seriously.

Mr M, you kind of contradicted yourself when you stated you fear downloading expensive plug-insā€¦this is something how probably MOST us here areā€¦they call it a ā€˜Gear clapā€™

Not sure what you mean on this,please clarify. Knuckle I will be around. Iā€™m moving to Oakland in 2 weeks .PM me

Iā€™m missing where I said obsessing but really itā€™s no big deal. I think weā€™re all saying the same thing My comments about demos was facetious . I donā€™t download demos if I know thereā€™s no way I can afford something ,I figure why get started? I think a lot of us have the common trait of always being on the lookout for things that will enhance what were doing and to some varying degree ,an ability to rationalize spending on something for music that you wouldnā€™t spend on other things. Iā€™m out of work a year and have to move but I still bought a $10 fx plug in last week. The money wonā€™t kill me but at a time Iā€™m penny pinching on everything elseā€¦

hate to sound like a . but i just can`t get my head round products that can be ran on the same gear( computers :laughing: )

Funny Steve, but taking things apart is probably one of my bigger achievements since learning to tie my shoes. Whatā€™s worse, it has followed me throughout my entire life. I have taken apart 95 year old motorcycles, ice makers, gramophones, electronics, computers, houses, air conditioners and ( my electric panelā€¦Hurricane Sandy stuff). Saving grace is that 99% of it all went back together.

I think the tinkering aspect stems from the creative side of the brain which is something we all likely share here. Creativity is very compellingā€¦ Remember those cuckooā€™s from " Close encounters of the Third Kind "? :wink:

When I was seven or eight I started taking apart watches; the old spring and gear types. Dad would bring me broken ones from the guys at work to indulge me after I took apart his until then working watch. I was fascinated by them and even managed to repair a couple once I had a collection of parts. As a professional programmer I most often visualized code as clockwork gears within gears. I frequently think of music the same way.

I guess thereā€™s a bit if Thomas Edison in us?

Interesting that whenever futuristic images try to convey technology, they show clock gear mechanisms churning away and morphing into ā€¦

I too was forever taking things apart (rarely ever put them back together - until later)
Soon after my parents had bought me a tricycle, I hade it completely disassembled - my father put it back together, but they never bought me a proper bicycle later. So I built my own out of bit and pieces of other bikes.