"The Quiet Man"

The Quiet Man

…for Martin (leedsquietman/LQM)

Nice, Ian. A tasteful arrangement and a warm hearted tribute to a friend.
I’m sure Martin’s family will appreciate this.

Great work.
It´s on my FB wall now. I hope you don´t mind.
Martin deserves it.

Thanks, Ian. :thumbsup:

a very worthwhile song and dedication. well done!

+1

Yes, It touched me, and I’m sure they will appreciate this, Ian :slight_smile:

It’s on my FB wall too. :slight_smile: Great job Ian!

Thanks for the listens and replies. :slight_smile: Gosh… people were hasty with the Facebook wall posts!! :astonished:

I’ve had to hurredly go back a fix a few things! :laughing: Some of my harmonies were sung falsetto… which I don’t do, but did anyway. :blush: They sound absurd solo! And some were horribly out of tune. Got them sorted now. I also fixed some rather slopy timing on the guitars near the end, and a few other nudges and tweaks here and there.

As I thought might have been the case, I found it very difficult to sing in this range… it’s a breath/control issue I’m sure, but I do now agree with the advice I was given… I think there are some timbral qulities to my pipes when I sing lower which even I can handle listening to :laughing:

Anyway, how’s the snare sounding?? Oh…that’s right… there isn’t one! :wink:

Really nice song, Sherz.

I never knew Martin im sorry to say, but your music and kind words of many, paint a picture of someone Im sure I would have liked to have known.

Just had a listen… well done Ian.

I KNEW there was a reason I liked it!

Well done Ian. Put me in a warm place in my thoughts. I believe Martin would have like this very much.

+1

Great stuff Ian, good to hear another piano based song.
The piano sounds very good BTW. What did you use?

And I have to agree with you friend: your voice sounds good in the lower regions. :sunglasses:

Thanks for sharing,
Wim

Cheers guys, thanks for listening. :slight_smile:

That’s the NI “Alicia Keys” piano. I like it a lot. :sunglasses:

yeh very nice song .

Yeah, I do too. I ended up buying the Berlin piano with my $25 off e-coupon since NI’s website crashed when they had the 50% off sale. I couldn’t justify spending the extra money on the AK piano. :frowning:

They’ll probably have another sale sooner or later… but if the Berlin piano does the job well enough… then does it really matter?

Bumping for Martin!

Beautiful creation that touches my soul and spirit. Mission accomplished!

The vocals are perfect, Ian.

Excellent tribute, good work Ian. :sunglasses:

Robin, Michael, Nates - thanks guys :slight_smile:

Looks like the tunes has has a few listens:

Perhaps Martin too hears it out there in the cosmos somewhere…