the strip is now automapped PC

Ok, just to clarify…when you disable AM completely then start C7, you get the C7 splash screen then AM launches. At this point my AM window would be on top while the C7 icon is bouncing off the dock meaning that it’s launched but not in focus. If I click the C7 bouncing icon, I see the Steinberg Hub/Project window. C7 launches and runs fine once clicked so it’s simply a focus issue. Both Steiny and Novation have confirmed this behavior (Mac only) so I’m curious what’s going on with your setup. As mentioned, this doesn’t happen in C5 or C6.5, just C7.

Also, when you close C7, does AM remain active or does it close out along with C7? To test, you might want to disable the LAUNCH @ STARTUP in AM completely and reboot to see if you’re actually getting around this issue. In the meantime, Apple Automator + some scripting is taking care of the workaround.

could you start another thread please as this is about the automation of the strip and not your MAC specific issue

Understood, 1000 pardons. Thanks for the help.

You did label this thread as PC. Fair enough.
It does seem like there are issues that affect both platforms; and, users of the same platform (either platform) can be a mixed bag in terms of having and not having problems, even with similarly spec’d set ups.

We wander into discussing the advantages of the SL MKII line of controllers, Automap, then…

No apologies required.

Just ordered the 25 SL MKII :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I gotta clean up my desk before it gets here so I can set it right up!
k, Don’t we always say that? lol

Thx for all your input fellas
:nerd:

just take your time with selecting the automap locations and it will be fine , 7.3beta works fine so enjoy your control !!!

Thx FF…I’m gonna start with AutoMap, see how it goes but I’m one of those tweakheadz… :stuck_out_tongue:

All in All it’ll have me making more music and quicker workflow…
:nerd:

Hope I’m not Hijackin but seems to be the only SLmkII thread here! :confused:

So far so good, Everything seems to have installed and gone ahead with working in C7.
Except A few Issues.

• I can’t seem to map anything for my Group channels (on Mixer 3) and this is a Major one because one of the main reasons I got this was to have direct control of my Mixer 3 Groups (I use this Exclusively for my Busses)

• The Speed dial works in reverse on a few parameters (Clockwise decreases value) and it’s soooo friggin’ annoying! I’ve noticed It happens:

• On the Mixer Pan
  • On selecting a patch on an external instrument (via Dropdown)

I hope this is something I can remedy because if not, it’s a major drawback for me. :nerd:

Man, After downloading a few templates I’ve realized that people were lazy…lol :laughing:

I was tinkering some more last night and found a few issues. One of which was programming a button to reset a knob to Zero… I opened the file that AM creates and meticulously went through the data to try and dissolve the problem,
I now have a solid template for Nexus 2…Just kept at it and overcame.

Still dabbling, but definitely getting the hang of Auto Map.

Btw, The issues I named in the Previous post are still there…
Gonna have at it as I hope to figure out what’s wrong w/ Cubase’s Mixer + Auto Map.