The volume automatically set to the maximum and it doesn't allow me to lower it down

Somebody save me please!
I’m using Cubase 10.5, and I notice the volume is automatically changed to the maximum and it doesn’t allow me to lower it down.
I notice this will normally happen after I opened Kontakt in cubase and made changes in it.
Saw some advises saying that can Set device attenuation to 0 db in cubase, but I can’t find this option in the Studio Setup page.
Anyone can help me with this problem?
Thanks in advance!

To solve the problem you’re having, delete the Automation points or disable the Read Automation option for that track.

Thank you for the advice! But the Read Automation button is already disabled on every tracks though

Aaa, sorry. I should’ve paid more attention to the video. I then believe it’s the MIDI remote control device you’re using. Go to: “Studio/Studio Setup” and create a screenshot (or take a photo) and post it here.

Hi. this is the screenshot.
By the way, sometimes when I reboot my computer, the problem can be solved, but after awhile this will happens again.

I believe that the volume of the tracks that are encompassed by the white vertical line is overridden by the “Mackie HUI” remote device. I’d suggest disabling it (to see if the problem goes away).

screenshot

Hi, yes, the problem did goes away! Thanks for helping! I did not disable it totally, because if I did that the midi keyboard will not function. I just change the Midi Output option from MIDIOUT2 to Arturia Keylab Essential 88, then it seems to work.
By the way still curious about what is the real problem here, because this never happens before even though I’ve been enabling the Mackie Hui selection since a long time ago.

You’re welcome!

Please try using “Mackie control” instead of “Mackie HUI” (and this time make sure that you set both input and output ports to match the Arturia Keyboard).

Steps

According to the manual of your MIDI keyboard, the output of the DAW Command Center can be toggled between MCU and HUI protocols within the MCC, so if the problem goes away by using “Mackie control” instead of “Mackie HUI”, you might’ve accidentally changed the MCC protocol of your MIDI keyboard to MCU, which could be the reason why it started to behave differently.

Arturia Keylab Essential 88 - page 8 in the manual

Using the industry standard Mackie HUI data language, KeyLab Essential gives you direct access to the most frequently used commands in your recording software, including:

• Save: Saves your track.
  • Punch: Enables “punch in” style recording in your DAW.
  • Undo: Reverses your last action, such as deleting a track, or capturing a MIDI performance.
  • Metro: Toggles your DAW’s metronome on and off.

The DAW Command Center also puts popular transport controls at your fingertips:

• Loop: Toggles the Loop function in your DAW on and off. The loop region is set within your software.
  • Rewind / Fast-forward: quickly jogs the playback cursor back and forth, letting you quickly find specific points in your track while editing.
  • Stop: Stops playback. In some recording software, this will also return the playback cursor to the start of the track.
  • Play / Pause: Starts and pauses your track at the current position of the playback cursor in your DAW.
  • Record: Arms the record function in your DAW. Hitting the Record button while the track is stopped will begin playback while recording. If the track is already playing, hitting Record will begin recording from the current playback cursor position.

The buttons in the DAW Command Center send set control messages to your software, and are not configurable.

The output of the DAW Command Center can be toggled between MCU and HUI protocols within the MCC.

NOTE: KeyLab Essential’s compatibility with your chosen DAW will depend on how each manufacturer handles the MCU and HUI protocols. For more information, consult the KeyLab Essential page on the Arturia website, or the documentation of your preferred DAW.

The complete manual can be downloaded using this link:

Hi, i think it works. So far the problem didn’t appear anymore. Thank you so much :relaxed:

You’re welcome!
I’m glad to find out that members of the female species also use Cubase. :sunglasses: