My phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 (Model SM-G900A) with Android operating system version 4.4.2 which is up to date.
My laptop: HP Pavillion g7 Notebook PC with Windows 8.1 operating system (64-bit) with 6 GB of RAM and 1.9 GHz quad-processor.
DAW: My DAW is Cubase LE6 version 6.0.5 Build 357 (64-bit)
Remote Controller: My remote controller is Cubase iC Pro for Android for version 220.127.116.11 (Trial Version).
Router: Belkin N450 Wireless N Router Model F9K1105v1 Firmware version 1.00.06
Other: Steinberg eLicenser
Steps taken to use use the app:
My objective is to try the free version of Cubase iC Pro - “The most advanced Cubase remote control app!” - on my Galaxy S5 before I decide to buy it. In order to use the app, I have
- Downloaded the trial version of Cubase iC Pro to my phone
- Downloaded and installed the Cubase iC Pro Remote Extension (64-bit) for Windows 8.1.
- Downloaded and installed iTunes (which includes the Apple Bonjour Printer Service
- Added the remote controller in the device setup dialogue of the Cubase DAW (without enabling Password Authentication) to enable communication between the controller app and DAW.
When I tried to connect Cubase iC Pro to Cubase LE6 via my wifi network, the app detected and listed the name of my computer but would not connect to it. I received the following error message:
“There is no host assigned to this ip address.”
" Make sure your eLicenser is activated."
Steps taken to fix:
I tried to
1.Manually enter the ip address of my computer in my network.
“There is no host assigned to this IP address. Please make sure to enter the correct IP address.”
Then following the steps outlined on the related Steinberg knowledgebase page online I did the following:
- Verified that Bonjour Print Services IS installed and “running” (enabled).
- Verified that there wasn’t an ip conflict and that only one network is being used using wi-fi.
- I configured Windows Firewall to allow Cubase LE6 to commuicate through the firewall on both public and private networks.
- Ensured that the router firmware is up to date.
- I have run the maintenance update of the eLicencer Control Center and the version is current and the database is up-to-date.
- Enabled ip routing for my laptop.
If anyone has any possible solution that would be excellent! - Travis