Thinking about upgrading from Pro 8.5 to 12 but

If I check the USB-eLincenser detail on the Steinberg site it only shows Cubase 4 being registered, But my dongle correctly shows Cubase Pro 8.5 being registered and authorised, Will this affect my upgrade to Pro 12? I’ve tried to send a support request about this issue but I must say that Steinberg support is CRAP and does nothing to instill confidence. I have been a user since Pro24 days but I went to Reaper in recent times but the current upgrade offer is tempting. I would also like to know whether it would be possible to completely uninstall my current Pro 8.5 installation before installing Pro 12 - is this possible or is it a bad idea in case the Pro 12 installer looks for previous versions? Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks

Your Cubase 4 license might have been stored in a different USB-eLicenser dongle. Please try registering your current dongle, then run the eLicenser Control Center and click Maintenance to the top right.

Once you verify that Cubase Pro 8.5 is registered, you can safely update to Cubase Pro 12.

You don’t need to worry about Cubase 8.5 being installed. Multiple versions can coexist in the same system. If you want to start anew, you can hold Ctrl + Shift + Alt while Cubase 12 is starting up to reset your preferences.

After activating Cubase 12, I would recommend installing everything under the Cubase Pro 12 entry in the Steinberg Download Assistant. Pretty much all of the stock instruments have received updates since Cubase 8.5.

Thanks very much Romantique_Tp (great nic by the way!) that fixed it

regards

Keith