This eLicenser registered by another user

In preparation of my purchase to ver 11 from ver 5 (on a new PC build) I thought I’d install the e-licenser for starters, which went fine. When I went to “Registration at My Steinberg” I got the message…

“This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user.”

Am I possibly getting this message since there are no Steinberg products loaded on my computer yet? I am using my original dongle and have valid licenses in my name and older versions of Cubase registered to me using this dongle. When running ver 5 about 1 year ago on another computer everything ran as expected.

I’d just like to ensure I have all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger and buy Cubase 11.

If you have the usb licence then you can’t re-register if the licences are already licences and on the dongle. Do you have your steinberg login so you can go to your products? Can you download elicence and check what is on your dongle? You then need to read the steps you need to take to pass onto someone else. Take a look on the steinberg main site knowledge vase on how to do this. Someone else may drop you the link.

Hi,

If you Cubase license sits on the USB-eLicenser, just plug it to the new computer and you are ready to go. Then you even don’t have to install Cubase 5. Just enter the update Activation Code. Cubase 11 license will be downloaded to your USB-eLicenser. You can install Cubase 11 and start to use it.

If you are using Soft-eLicenser (Cubase Elements, LE, AI), you have to go thru the Reactivation process, to get the license to the new system.

Thank you for the responses.
The e-licenser does show Cubase 5 registered to me and I figured that was ok. Everything points to me having a valid license except for when I tried the Registering as STeinberg. I have a feeling everything is ok, I just wanted to check.