This may be really dumb question: How to "select next event"

As in Pro Tools, I would like to be able to use a key command to select the audio or MIDI event (in the project window, not in the edit windows) before or after or above or below the event that’s currently selected, on the same track or adjacent tracks. Not shift+arrow, as that does multiple selection. I each consecutive event selected individually. This makes certain editing incredibly fast and efficient. There must be a way to do this in Cubase…any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Use the Key Commands - B and N – Back and Next. In some of the editors you can use the arrow keys to navigate in various ways. There’s also a set of Pro Tools Key Commands you can install I think.

Actually what I’m looking for is Key Commands>Navigate>Left, and the same for the right. Your post pointed me in the right direction, and I found it - thanks! The Up and Down key commands in the same area don’t select events up or down unless you de-select “Use Up/Down Navigation Commands for Selecting Tracks Only” in Preferences>Editing, FYI. But then you can’t use up and down to simply select tracks up and down. :frowning: If anyone has a macro idea to get around this, I’m all ears! It’s such a useful feature to be able to have both instantly as you do in PT, with key modifiers for these specific different aspects of the up/down/left/right keys.

Whenever I try to use the up/down arrows to navigate tracks it behaves very unpredictably, jumping around and skipping tracks, especially with multiple key pushes. This has happened to me four years, across different computers, OSs, Cubase versions.

Is that working correctly for others?

Just use the up/down and left/right arrows (Default key commands)

If they are not working look in Key Commands / Navigate and assign the keys you want to Up, Down, Left and Right.

Workaround: keep clicking on the left arrow and you’ll select the track only.

Has always worked correctly here.

Thanks Stingray. The Up and Down key commands don’t select events up or down unless you de-select “Use Up/Down Navigation Commands for Selecting Tracks Only” in Preferences>Editing. Unfortunately, you then lose the ability to use use up and down to simply select tracks (not events). Both functions are highly useful to have for everyday editing, and unless there’s a macro to get around this I can’t find a way to have both exist at the same time (with different key commands/modifers), which might be because I’m being daft. :slight_smile:

Yes that’s right.

Workaround: keep clicking on the left arrow and then you’ll select the track only. Or assign key commands to ‘Project / Select Track: Next’ and ‘Project / Select Track: Previous’.

Yeah…unfortunately that defeats the reason for having key commands for them both, in order to make it much easier and faster and less click-heavy.

Workaround: keep clicking on the left arrow and then you’ll select the track only. Or assign key commands to ‘Project / Select Track: Next’ and ‘Project / Select Track: Previous’.

That’s it!!! Thank you!!! Didn’t know that key command was there. You rock.