This may be very simple...but i'm new to this...

I need to put together a mix compilation of about 8 tracks. But lets just start with two as the basics will be the same.

So, I have two audio tracks, one at what I think is 116bpm and one at what I think is 118bpm. Basically i want to seamless mix the two together and bounce the end result down as one big audio track to burn to CD. Can somebody point me in the right direction or maybe just point me to a tutorial that will show me how to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Quickly made this for ya. It just shows how to align the beats. There’s no sound but I’m sure it will help.

Brilliant, you are a star! Cheers!

Glad I could be of help. If you don’t know the BPM of the track, all you need to do is set grid start as demonstrated in the video and then stretch the grid so the grid lines up with the beats. Always use the “Stretch Grid” markers and not the “Set Beat Position” markers in order to keep a constant tempo. Only if you have problems after you have used “Stretch Grid” should you then use “Set Beat Position” markers.

had a go of this tonight and the grid doesn’t line up with the beats after 1 minute or so…?

Usually the way I do it is like this:

1. First set the grid start position which should be on the very first beat of the track.
  2. Then use the “Stretch Grid” markers to line up the first beat of every bar. Do this until all the markers are in line with the beats within the first minute or so of the track.
  3. Then scroll all the way to the end of the track and use the “Stretch Grid” markers again to fine tune the tempo definition. That should completely lock the tempo to the project.

I dont suppose you can post that video up again please mate!?

Made another one for ya: