"This software requires an additional 1455653256 K bytes free on the C: drive to install" error

Hi all, new to this forum but have been using Cubase products for well over 20 years. I am excited to be a part of this community and hope someone can offer a suggestion around an extremely frustrating installation issue.

Current system specs:
Proc: i7 6800K processor
HD1: C:\ “MAIN” 3TB - 2.64TB free space
HD2: E:\ 500GB SSD - 465GB free space
HD3: F:\ 3TB - 2.09TB free space
HD4: H:\ 4TB - 1.07TB free space
HD5: I:\ 300GB - 295GB free space
HD6: K:\ 640GB - 596GB free space
Memory: 32GB DDR RAM
GPU: nVidia GTX 1060 6gb video card

I have just completed a complete formatting and fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit onto a 3TB 7200rpm hard drive formatted as GPT (not MBR) with UEFI.

I haven’t installed ANY programs yet with the exception of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 11 and all available Windows Updates… totally fresh install on a newly formatted spinner HD. Windows is in it’s default, standard configuration.

I am trying to install Cubase SL from my install CD but before I can even tell it where to install, I get a pop-up that reads, “This software requires an additional 1455653256 K bytes free on the C: drive to install. Please remove any unnecessary files and try again” error. :exclamation:

Soooo… I clearly have enough free space so what’s the deal? Is it that I have too much space? In other words, I’m running a GPT format (not MBR) on this hard drive and have almost 3TB free space in UEFI.

Is Windows tweaking somehow because of this? Any help you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated.