I can’t reproduce this problem, which I’m sure is just because I’m missing a step. Can you write out the steps required to reproduce the problem? For example, here’s what I’m doing:
- Start a new project based on the ‘Piano solo’ template.
- Add a 2/4 time signature at the start of the flow.
- Start note input at the start of the first bar in the RH staff.
- Type 7 to set the note input duration to a half note (minim).
- Type A to input an A.
- Type T for the tie.
- Type Q for chord mode.
- Type A followed by D to input a chord in the second bar.
For me, I get the expected result, i.e. a single notehead for the A and the E.