time change re-scan

Hi there,

every year, twice a year, as we all know, Cubase and Nuendo re-scan all the plugins…
I have both Cubase 8.5 and Nuendo 7 (on two different PCs)…
Cubase always passes this scan within 20sec… It always crashes after the complete scan…
I open it after the crash and it works fine…
I have no complaints there…

Nuendo is a different story…
It always stops at FM8… (this has been going on for two years, but I didn’t complain about it before)
It just stops and doesn’t continue…
So, I have to kill Nuendo in the Task Manager, open it again and it stops on Guitar Rig and so for most of the plugins from letter F to Z (not just Native Instruments)
This process takes at least 1h to complete and I really don’t want to spend this much time on plugin re-scans…

If anyone has any ideas how to avoid this in the future (apart from uninstalling plugins from F to Z),
I would appreciate any kind of help… :slight_smile:

Regards,
D

I’m not having the problem with plugins crashing Nuendo but I do want to express my annoyance at this semi-annual rescan.

It takes a good 15 minutes to complete and if I haven’t thought about it in advance, it can be embarrassing in front of a client, as happened last week.

Dean

Well, that unexpected re-scan caught me as well today. I wanted to work a bit on a project, and … well, re-scan. And it takes some time to scan everything… :unamused:

However, on my end it doesn’t have a problem with FM8. But some of the iZotope VST2 plugins seem to hang from time to time during the rescan, which seems to be connected to the authentication tool (AuthAssistant) used by them. Sometimes I have to kill it, and remove the plugin from the blacklist again (after closing Nuendo). I effectively use only the VST3 versions in Nuendo, but have VST2 versions installed as well for use by other applications.

Cheers,
Mike