Just wanting to share a trick I’ve just accidentally discovered while attempting to convert 192 kHz 32bit into 44.1 kHz 16bit using Cubase.
When importing the audio I forgot to change the project sample rate and bit rates, from my default 48 kHz 32bit. I then added an eq to the master channel to shelve off the bottom and top at 20hz and 20kHz respectively. Next the Apogee Dither set to 16bit Hi. selected the range and exported the mix-down at 44.1kHz 16Bit. I ended up with a beautifully smooth time stretched (45mins into 4 hours) version of the audio. As the Audio was interpreted as 48kHz and not 192 Khz.
This trick might be old news to some of you, but wanted to share the technique for those still learning, or that had not discovered it yet.