Time to open Dorico 3 : need comparaison

Hello,
Is there somebody to give me how many times it takes to open Dorico3 on his system .

Every morning when I open Dorico 3 (SSD) for the first time, it takes 1’03’’ to arrive to the steinberg Hub.
Some setails the logo of dorico comes after 15". I f I look at the application.log:
Initializing Scoring phase 1 take 20"
Audio engine: Waiting for connection take 22" (I have a motu ultra Avb)
Error retrieving RSS feed take 6" (the computer in my music studio has no internet)

The second time and the other time when I re-open Dorico 3 i takes 45" to arrive to the steinberg Hub.
Details:
the logo of dorico comes after 15".
application.log:
Initializing Scoring phase 1 take 20"
Audio engine: Waiting for connection take 7"
No more RSS transaction
other test with generic asio low and silence as playback doesn’t change anything: 42"
logo comes after 10"

For comparaison on the same comouter (windows,elicencer 6.11.8.9256):
Cubase 10 (SSD): 18"
Sibelius (SSD): 7"
After effects Cs5 (not on the ssd) :6"
Wavelab 10 pro (SSD) : 10" first time than 6"
Thanks and best regards
I suspect the transaction with the elicencer.

Hi Dup,

I’m on OSX with an old Mac Pro. I’ve also got Dorico 3 on an SSD. The first time I start Dorico up it takes 20 seconds to get to the Hub. The second time it’s 15 seconds.

Cubase 10.5 (SSD): 24"
Sibelius (SSD): 17"

Cubase used to load quicker but they appear to have added a series of license checks with 10.5. The ASIO driver is a Steinberg UR44. eLC Version 6.11.10.2262.

Windows 10 pro, 6-core I7 CPU, SSD - about 10 seconds.

Yes, I suspect that a good deal of the start-up time is taken with the communication with the eLicenser. Are you using a USB-eLicenser or the Soft-eLicenser? If you’re using a USB-eLicenser, is it one of the newer, shorter ones, or one of the older, longer ones?

Hello,
Great thanks to you to took time to test.
@Daniel
As I have a lot of licence (all vsl and other), I’m afraid to put all in only one, I mixed them in three usb elicenser (two new short and one old long)
When I wrote this post, all my Steinberg licences was on the long one
So in the meantime I transfered the Dorico licence to a small elicencer one (18 licences in it) and try it alone: 17"
with two small elicencer : Dorico until the hub in less than 20"
But as soon as I plugg the long elicencer the time is again over 45"
So the verdict and solution is clear!

@Daniel:
can you tell me what is the politic over the Elicencer, because it’s not clear!
For example: If I put all my licences on only one new usb elicencer (2 years warranty) and for exemple a thunderstorm with any electric problem destroy my computer or usb port, making the Elicencer unreadable everywhere… what’s happen to my virtual licence and proof of purchase? My I re-download and put them in a new usb-Elicencer? (obviously after sending the defective to syncrosoft)

Best regards

p.s
But I think that the audio engine connection could still be improved in Dorico?!

Steinberg offer a ‘zero down time’ scheme.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/steinbergzerodowntime

Our support staff will work with you to help you get back up and running in the event of a catastrophic failure of your USB-eLicenser. I suggest you move all of your licenses to one “stubby” USB-eLicenser and keep the other “stubby” one as a backup in the event that you need to recover them via the “zero downtime” feature, and discard the older, longer one.