Timecode Stave - Engraving Option

Hi there,

I’m having an issue where I want to have a timecode staff shown above my score and a timecode change every bar, however for bars that are grouped into a multi-bar rest, the timecodes are shown for the amount of bars grouped resulting in a total mess.
is this avoidable without choosing to show the time every system?

Thanks!
Louie

1 Like

My current solution for anyone interested is to add an image frame (or in this case 2) containing a pure white image over the top of the jumbled timecode and then add a text frame and add in the timecode again. But of course this is very time consuming especially for a larger score, which in my case is 45 minutes and lots of multibar rests.

I’ve also just discovered, though I don’t know if this is out of date, that Dorico from 2.2 don’t recommend showing timecode with multibar rests as there is no solution to hide them for multibar rests

For what it’s worth, the current version of Dorico handles this correctly, i.e. it shows only the timecode of the first bar of the multi-bar rest. It might be worth considering an update to Dorico 5?

1 Like

That’s a great shout, I wasn’t aware that this was the case. Thanks for that, might just upgrade then.

Best,
Louie