Timeline issue within the project window

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for that clarification; it didn’t occur to me that there would be a difference.

I have spent some time tonight trying to clarify a couple of points and have come up with the following:

The Time Line returns to the Start position (regardless of the Left Position Indicator) using the back arrow on the transport panel
1. When the Time Line is rolling, on the first page view.
2. When the Time Line is halted via Stop in the Transport Panel on the first page view.
3. When the Time Line is rolling on the second page view (the page view also follows).

But,

Although the Time Line returns to the Start position on the the second page view when the line is halted via Stop in the Transport Panel the page in these circumstances does not follow suit, necessitating a manual ‘drag’ as previously described.

However:
Pressing the [1] key on the Numerical Pad (i.e not the [1] above the letter [Q] results in the Time Line aligning with the Left Hand marker always, whether on the fly, stopped, when Cycle is activated or not regardless of the position of the marker.

To summarise:

The only circumstances when the issue arises appears to be when the Time Line is manually halted on Page 2 or any subsquent page if left to run, when the page does not follow despite the returning of the Time Line to the Start position.

Thanks again for your ongoing assistance.

Roger

I concur. It is the Transport key commands for “Go to Left Locator” and “Go to Project Start” that moves the cursor and the time line does not move with the cursor. If you use rewind or fast rewind then the time line follows the cursor. I guess what really need to be done is to find out what release broke it.

@Martin.Jirsak I uninstalled 12.0.40 and installed 12.0.30 and it works just fine in 12.0.30. SO I then installed 12.0.40 and then IT WORKED. Go figure. I guess the answer is maybe to either trash your preferences or maybe uninstall it and reinstall 12.0.40. I don’t know why it wasn’t working before or what was changed.

1 Like

Hi,

This might really fix it.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I decided to go nuclear this morning and follow everyone’s advice by

1. Trashing my preferences
  2. Scrapping the project (my decision) which first gave rise to the anomaly despite the problem replicating itself in other completed projects that were previously fine and…
  3. Uninstalling and re-installing Cubase 12.

After running many test recordings and playbacks I can say that for me at least the issue has now gone. I have no idea which of my actions put it right but I suspect 1 & 3 were of the most use so my advice to anyone else suffering from this would be to carry out any or all of the above in what ever order you feel most at ease with but perhaps rechecking as you go which I didn’t do.

Heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

Roger

2 Likes