TimeWarp / TimeStretch sounds bad

Hello Guys!

Searched the forum,no results.
I have the latest Cubase 8.5 version running on a mac pro and a macbook pro with 10.10.5

My timewarp and timestretch results sound horrible. Even if its just very small changes like 100 to 101%. Doesnt matter witch algorhythm i choose. Any idea?

How are you doing the timestretch and how are you selecting algorithms?

What is your source audio?

What type of “bad” are you hearing?

I’m with you; I find that it destroys the fundamental frequency, especially on instruments that are in the bass region regardless of which algorithm I use.

it sound like you have dust on your record needle. less highs, soft distortion.

doesnt make a difference whether i change it in the preferences or in the audio menu

Well there is always some degradation when stretching…it’s unavoidable. However depending on the algo selected and source material I wouldn’t say it’s particularly bad.

Cubase algo selection for different methods is very convoluted and it’s always possible you’re not using the algo you think.

But as you don’t give specifics of what timestretch method you mean and where you select the algo and what one you select it’s hard to say if this is the issue.

its mpex poly complex, elastique pro - time and pro - pitch :slight_smile:

And…

give specifics of what timestretch method you mean and where you select the algo

doesnt make a difference whether i change it in the preferences or in the audio menu