Tip: Spectrum Analyzer

One thing I feel is missing from Cubase is being able to look at your project’s audio spectrum. As far as I know, there is nothing ‘built into’ Cubase for that. I found a way to do this. Find a vst plug-in for this. You can also use an equalizer like Waves H-EQ Stereo. I found a good separate spectrum analyzer vst plug-in.

Install it and then put it as your last master insert. It can be set up to always stay on top and has a lot of other setup options.

Try it out…
Joe

There are two ways in Cubase to look at your project’s audio spectrum:

1. In Cubase full only, there is the multiscope

2. Audio menu → spectrum analyzer

@shinta215
Are these available in CubaseLE4 ?? :confused:

Of that, I’m not sure.
I don’t have much experience with either the LE line or the Cubase 4 line.

I know that the multiscope is only in Cubase 6/6.5 full.

I’m not sure about the spectrum analyzer function.

I don’t think it’s available in LE4

Confirmed via manual.

It’s not. :blush:

Thanks people :smiley: , I will continue to do it the way I do. I originally offered this as a tip for someone who was using LE4, like me, and was wondering about a spectrum analyzer. I also use Magix Samplitude Pro X (can I say this without getting ‘blackballed’ within the forum?) Samplitude has extensive metering/monitoring capability.

Samplitude is more like Wavelab and Soundforge. Steinberg has crippled Cubase in audio mastering on purpose so they can sell Wavelab. If this tool would come in handy to you, Wavelab Elements is very affordable and does a most excellent job.

[

Joe and Bane: were gonna have to ENROLL both of you in
“THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM” as soon as possible :laughing: :laughing:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Ps: Bane you maybe right—Also I just picked up a $100.00 copy of
CD Architect ( Can I say this without being ********) :laughing:. Can’t afford WAVELAB 7 yet.
But the multiscope and spectrum analyzer in Cubase 6 isn’t bad.

Also I just picked up a $100.00 copy of
CD Architect . Can’t afford WAVELAB 7 yet.
But the multiscope and spectrum analyzer in Cubase 6 isn’t bad.

here´s another shopping idea: Wavelab Elements 7 = $100.00
:wink:

…and - of course:
Voxengo´s “SPAN” (great, I use it a lot, one of the best Freeware tool!)

:sunglasses:

Thanks Central: Yea I see that Fender TBX Tone Control | Musician's Friend

But I’d rather save up $$$$$$$ and buy Wavelab 7

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

nice to hear, Jack! :smiley:
I love WL 7 !!
:mrgreen:

To all…
Nice to know. There is definately more than one way to skin a cat. :smiley: :laughing: :open_mouth:

I have LE4 and here is a work-around that I use. Export your mix to Windows Media, open it, play it, and then click on “now playing” This will open up an extensive graphic which gives you a good idea of what is going on with your audio. I’m not sure of the frequencies displayed but there is about30 or so bars.
Ed

Hi drummiman get the free span plugin an you don’t need to check in mediaplayer :wink:
Just insert it for example on you mainout and you see whole spectrum of your song. For free :wink:

Greetz Bassbase

Thanks Greetz, I downloaded it on this PC and burned to a disk which I will install on my LE4 laptop. (Laptop is not on-line, strictly for audio.) Where should I save it? In Cubase? I am illiterate when it comes to computers but I can get around Cubase fairly well.
Ed

Hi
You just copy the dll to the vstpluginsfolder in the steinbergfolder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugIns

or if you download for example more free stuff from voxengo you can make a folder called voxengo
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugIns\voxengo
and place the dllfiles in there

And in Cubase yu will find this fx in the insertslot

Greetz Bassbase

I use Pro-Q; it has a spectrum analyser in it and it’s light on CPU.

Hi Joe,

Did not work with my Cubase 7.5 full version. Tried twice and it crashed it loading both times. There is a blue button hovering where I clicked in my browser and elsewhere across my screen now lol. Oh well. The program readme says it might crash anyhow. I should’ve read that first.

My name is also Joe.

This is not showing as available in Cubase Artist 7.5. It’s showing on the drop-down list but is not selectable. Am I doing something wrong or is only available for the full version of Cubase 7?