[TIP WANTED]: What kind of Key Macros do you use?

Hi all,

Cubase has some very sophisticated key commands configurable and I just looove the way I can do stuff with my keyboard instead of using the mouse.

Anyways, I’m interested in using macros but the huge problem is, that I cannot come up with any ideas about useful macros :smiley: :smiley: Darn, I must be in trouble!! :smiley:

As I know that many of you use macros, are there any kind of hints that you could share with all of us? Meaning the macros that you use yourselves.

It’s a vast warehouse all those different key commands, and I don’t want to start making macros “by force” that I’d never probably even use, but if you got some great ideas, please share yours!!

Thanks in advance.

-Tommy

Seeing as it’s genre specific, might help if you gave some intro and background.

PC or Mac? That may make a big difference in the responses.

I use one for record with pre-roll:
Turn on pre-roll then record then it turn off pre-roll.
The idea is to just use pre-roll in rec mode and to punch in, for exemple.

I’ll post the details later if someone interested.

[Posted using iPhone]

Here’s an example of an oddball Macro I use to reverse the Left and Right Locators. On occasion, I have use for this. But more importantly, it gives you an insight into the complexity of constructing a simple function.
screenshot_01.jpg

I have a couple simple ones I use,

To replace a command removed fro C6:

“Advance Arranger Track”
Arranger: Next Chain Step
Transport: Start

In conjunction with a few Logical Edit presets, creates a dominant chord from the root

“Create Chord”
Process Logical Preset: Add minor 7th
Navigate: Left
Process Logical Preset: Add dim. 5th up