to be fixed

Capture d'écran 2019-02-25 15.39.06.png
Thanks

Are you sure you haven’t manually edited the name of a Basse at some point in the past, and hit “Save as Default?”

Nope. This is a real problem I’ve written about some months (years ?) ago. Still some localization issues here :joy:

Well in that case, the workaround is to Edit the Name of the instrument to Basse and then Save As Default :wink:

Thanks Marc…

The reason this goes wrong is that the same English word “Bass” is used for the singer and the clef, and as such unless we’re careful it can end up using the wrong one. We’ll do our best to eradicate this error in the next major version. Thanks for reporting it.

This is similar to the German translation issues where instrument transpositions are written as e. g. “E Be” (as in “Baritonsaxophon (E Be)”), i. e. literally translated from “E flat”, when it would be written as “Es” in German. The term “flat” for the accidental (♭) is simply called “b” (or spelled out “Be”) in German but is inappropriate in this context. This has also been a long-standing issue that is still awaiting resolution (and I realize that this is probably quite complex in terms of coding because of the special naming conventions in German).

It’s a different issue, actually, precisely because writing those note names in German requires a different approach. But all the same it remains on our list of things we intend to improve in future, of course.

Merci, Daniel.

Situation yesterday afternoon:
A colleague of mine, who has heard that I am using Dorico, wanted me to show him the program. It just took four steps to irritate him for the first time:

1. Start Dorico
  2. Start a new project
  3. Select a solo (or section) player
  4. Enter “Trompete” (I have set instrument names set to German by default - and I work mainly with brass instruments)
    And than I had to admit for the first time - before my colleague saw a note in Dorcio - that there are still things missing in Dorico. The list of transpositions just looks (and is) awfully wrong. in This first impression is having a great impact on people. Although my colleague liked many aspects of Dorico, I couldn’t convince him. He wants to wait to try Dorico until the program is more mature and he is not the first one …
    I know, that the localization of Dorico is not top priority, but I am sure, that it would help to sell Dorico outside the English speaking world, if there would be more efforts in this direction.