To Be Released Q1 2019 - Please add ARA integration

I am okay with Steinberg creating their own solution also. Of course the other developers would have to adopt the new protocol for us to see the full benefit. Since ARA has already been adopted by a few companies and seems to be working well, these developers may not be in a hurry to re-code their programs just to fall in line with what Steinberg considers to be the standard.

In the end, we all want the same result. Better programs with better integrations to make them work well together. How ever that happens is fine with me as long as it happens.

+1

+1
I’m a heavy Melodyne user

More and more DAWS are adopting ARA, please Steinberg give us this great feature in the next upgrade.

ABSO - Freakin’ - LUTELY! Yes! ARA please.

+1
(tho I really doubt it will be…they will “protect” their variaudio thing. not favor melodyne users :laughing: )

It would benefit more than just Melodyne, I could use it for Syncroarts Vocalign NEW High-Speed VocALign ARA Integration into Studio One - Blog | Synchro Arts as well which currently they don’t have anything comparable in Cubase but it looks like something similar it is coming to Nuendo 8. Regardless there are still plenty of reasons I would use both, it’s all about giving options.

Hopefully this post alone will sway them (it certainly brought a smile to my face)!

It would be nice to have ARA integration for use with Melodyne - that’s certainly true.

However - it would also be very nice to have ARA integration with iZotop RX as well. Now - I know iZotope does not yet offer ARA at this point, but the RX application is another great candidate for it as it offers tools no other audio application offers.

This would be absolutely great!
Any response from the Cubase dev team would be much appreciated.

+1

I so would love it if Cubase Pro 9 came on board with the other products who have already adopted ARA. Currently there are so many issues with Melodyne Studio 4 not playing nicely with Cubase, and how amazing it would be if Cubase said YES to ARA.
I would even be happy to pay extra to have this as an optional add on.

+1

Implement ARA support now and I will return to Cubase!

+1 from me. This is an absolutely essential and basic function, and Steinberg have NO reason to withold it from their programme.

Want to protect Vari Audio Steinberg? There is no need to, people will buy it as part of the programme!

True, but I seriously doubt that ARA will be implement principally because of variaudio, not for the money as its bundled, but to have people using it and saying it’s great…tho melodyne is made to do that so it does it better, just see the polyphony variaudio cant handle…

Yes, ARA please, the only reason that I use Presonus Studio One sometimes, is because of ARA. Even the budget version does have it.
I want it in Cubase.

Bump!

What can make ARA that can not make next version of VST standart?

Because some devs doesn’t want to port their algorithms on VST technology that doesn’t mean mountain should go to Muhammad.

Melodyne looks like a game for X-Box, elusively for x-box to make it popular.
That doesn’t mean we all should buy an x-box (yes, implementing ARA will be like buying x-box).

Hi Soundpeaks,

I am not sure I am getting your Xbox game analogy. I may be misunderstanding the intention of your post, but it sounds like you are against Steinberg integrating with the ARA protocol. Just wondering if you have seen ARA in action. If so, are you not in agreement that they have built a better mousetrap. IMHO, ARA is more of a game-changer than a game as it is not just for Melodyne. Although Melodyne created it along with the folks at Presonus (Studio One), Syncro Arts (Vocalign and Revoice Pro) has already adopted this protocol also. I can imagine many other developers jumping on board also because of the way it improves the workflow of any audio transfers drastically.

Currently, the VST platform is not capable of doing what ARA does. If it were, these outside developers would not have gone through the trouble of creating this new exchange protocol. The VST interface spec belongs to Steinberg so if a positive change is going to come it needs to start with Steinberg one way or another. How can these developers make these improvements as VST standard if the standard itself does allow for this functionality? If your intention was to say Steinberg should increase the functionality within the VST platform, then I can’t necessarily disagree, but it may be easier to adopt the ARA protocol that is already up and running with several other competitive DAWs than to change the VST interface. Regardless of how it gets done, I just want to have the same functionality in Cubase that users of other DAWs are already enjoying.

Thanks,
Mike

When Microsoft got competition to DirectX 11 (Mantle, Vulkan) they didn’t just switch to their competitors’ standard. They made DirectX 12. (which is used on Xbox)

In this case, instead of abandoning VST3 when the competition gets heated, wouldn’t Steinberg rather go for a souped up VST4?