To Clean Up Recent Projects in Steinberg Hub

Just download those files using the links below.It has easiest way of subject explanation.Cheers!

[links removed]

FYI… I’ve seen a similar post on the CB 9 forum that has a reply recommending not to click these links.

Regards :sunglasses:

There is nothing wrong to click those links, it’s only destination to download PDF and Office Word files with instruction.There is no spam or virus, it’s just google drive website like dropbox or similar.For English use drive google links.Enjoy!

Ok Yuri…
I did try one of the links and it does look safe. :wink:

FWIW…
I clean up projects listed in the Steinberg Hub by simply right clicking (in the Hub) on the project name and click one of the options given to delete it.

Regards :sunglasses:

That way I described you can clean up all projects at once or some of theme you don’t need.

The forum provides functions to display everything you have created in those documents. Also, the information you try to provide is hidden from search engines so it cannot be found, therefore it is simply in the wrong format for the forum. Finally you’ve posted copies to multiple forums, please see #4 under Forum Etiquette at Steinberg Forums

I’ll remove the links, and if you like, you can post the info in the manner provided by the forum. Have a look at the Full Editor and Preview available when you you reply or post messages.

I posted this a while a go in answer to a thread. This might work for you.

Make a copy of ‘Defaults.xml’ and keep it safe somewhere in case something goes wrong.

Edit Defaults.xml (mine is at C:\Users/Owner/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase9.5_64 (or what your Cubase version is).

Do a find for ‘recent’. You will eventually find (near the end of the file for me) the list of recently opened files. Carefully delete the entries you want and save.

Open Cubase. Voila. Of course, if it didn’t work for you, replace Defaults.xml with the copy you saved.

Hope that helps.

I think all explanations about this subject on the forum not good enough, especially for those who just started to use Cubase.I saw them before I put my message on the forum.I explained how to make it step by step in details.Anyway thanks everyone for responds.Best regards.

So post your explanation, but post it so everyone can see it, and in a format that can be found via a web search.

Actually, I don’t think your solution is good enough, since I can’t see it. Never mind.

To Clean Up The List of Recent Projects in Steinberg Hub ( Cubase 7, 8 or 9 ) on PC.

1). Make hidden files and folders unhidden. In Windows 10 go to Control Panel, choose File Explorer Options on Windows 10 or Folder Options on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and press View tab. Check Show hidden files, folders, and drives and click apply, okey.

2). Go to C:/ Users/ User Name/ AppData/ Roaming/ Steinberg/ Cubase 7, 8 or 9, whatever Cubase you use. Make shortcut of Cubase 7, 8 or 9 folder on the desktop to use it in the future, you’ll need it.

3). Open Cubase folder, there is a file named Defaults you’ll see. Make a copy of Defaults file somewhere you like just in case. Say you have one project in the list of Steinberg Hub when you open Cubase, for example it’s called SC.
Open original Defaults file with Notepad and scroll it down to the end then slowly scroll it up before you see the line with SC name of the project you want to delete. It looks like this:

4). Now highlight all these lines below and delete it:

5). Save the file, that’s it. To use it in the future just remember the first and the last line of the highlighted section. That’s for one project to delete.

Actually you can delete all the projects one by one right in the Steinberg Hub but if you have too many it takes time. To delete all projects at once in the Steinberg Hub open Defaults file again and start scrolling slowly from the bottom to the top before you see the line:

Highlight everything to the bottom below this line and delete it then save the Defaults file. That’s it.

6). Make unhidden files and folders hidden. Again go to Control Panel, choose File Explorer Options on Windows 10 or Folder Options on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and press View tab. Check Don’t show hidden files, folders, and drives and click apply, okey.

7). Now you have an access to Defaults file from your desktop using the shortcut of Cubase 7, 8 or 9 folder.