To reinstall or not to reinstall?

Hi,

I just found out that the samplertrack crashes my version of Cubase 10.5. As far as I know this is not a general problem so I’m on my own on this one. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious solution but I was advised to try and reinstall Cubase. However I have Kontakt already and the samplertrack is not something I use very often.

So is it worth it? On the one hand Cubase is expensive so I expect every little thing to be working. On the other hand reinstalling is a pain in the ass as it probably means having to reinstall all the 3rd party stuff too and once again setting up all the shortcuts and preferences I have already made which will be time consuming. Maybe I should just wait for the next update and hope that fixes it. Any thoughts?

All the best

Shay

I reinstalled my Cubase 3 times. AI to Elements, then Elements to Artist and then Artist to Pro. The last two (Artist and Pro) were made within 2 or 3 months apart. I know I could just update it but I preferred a clean installation.
After uninstalling Cubase leaves all the VST folders untouched, so next time all you have to do is point new installation to the right folder.
I know that templates are stored in separate folder so those should be safe as well. As to shortcuts and preferences I don’t know, but there must be some info about that on the webs.

If it annoys you then reinstalling would be probably the best option but if you can live with it then just wait.
There is one BUT to all this. There might not be any update for a good while, and who knows, maybe next thing we’ll see will be an upgrade to Cubase 11?

Thanks for that. Good point about the possible wait for next update.