Toggling Between Linear and Musical Time Base in Cubase 8 LE

I recently purchased Cubase 8 Elements. I’m not sure how to toggle between linear and musical time base in a given track. In other versions of Cubase, there’s usually a button you can press that either looks like a clock or a quarter note. I’ve uploaded images of both the Track Inspector and the Instrument Track Inspector Settings that I’m seeing. Notice the quarter note time base button is missing in the Track Inspector. When I enter the Instrument Track Inspector Settings, there are no items under “Hidden Items”, and “Instrument Basics” appear to be unavailable.

I apologize if anything here is unclear. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Track inspector.png

You should be able to right click on a track and choose “Track control settings”. It is there where you will find the option to add/delete the “toggle time base between…” button to your tracks.

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks for your reply Prock. I selected “track control settings”, but unfortunately the option to add “toggle time base between” wasn’t listed there. Is it possible that this feature is included in Cubase Artist and/or Pro but not in Cubase Elements? I’m hoping this is not the case.

Gee… Sorry about that. I figured it would be the same and I don’t know if it is.

Just make sure you are choosing “track control settings” and not the “inspector settings” like shown in your attachments. This menu (in CB Pro 8) can also be found at the bottom of the section where your track names are. The button looks like a gear. You would have to scroll through each tab in that menu to change the visibility of each type of track. In my operation manual it is on page 131. If your manual is different try searching “track controls”.

If that doesn’t help then someone else will have to chime in here. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Hi,

I’m trying to find Toggle Time Base in Elements 9.5 Can anyone else Chime in?

I have had the exact same problem- I can’t find where to toggle to linear time base. I have gone through the track controls settings, and it is not listed as a hidden setting. I have Cubase Elements 9.5. It would be really helpful if someone could clarify if there is a way to do this or if this is only available for Cubase artist/pro. It’s quite difficult to score to a video without this feature. Thanks!

Now quite obviously, if it´s neither in the track Control Settings, nor in the Manual it is not available in your Version…