Token {@flowTitle@} not written?

I have some time to study Dorico more thoroughly…but I have a problem:
Why my token {@flowTitle@} is not written in part?
flow_title

if I write {@projectTitle@} it’s ok

That’s because you’re editing (I think) the page and not the page template. Open the part (or score if that’s what you’re working on) in engrave mode. In the right hand panel, check to see if any of your pages have a red triangle in the corner. This means that you’ve overridden the page template defaults and any edits you do at page level will not transfer to all parts (and from score to parts, they use different page template sets).

Edit the page templates how you want them for both score and parts and make sure that your parts and score have no page overrides on them and all the edits you perform will transfer to all the parts/scores that use that particular page template. Then once you’ve got all the universal things sorted, go in and edit the individual pages to put in anything that is unique to a particular part. Do note though, that once any page has an override on it, any changes you make to the page template won’t be reflected in that particular page in the score/part so do all the universal stuff first, then do any local things last…

There’s lots of info in the help and YouTube channels about this, search for page templates if you’re using DR and master pages if using 3.5 or earlier.

HTH.

Pierce

Layout Options > Page Setup > Flows > Flow title in header > Show above flow heading

(check that this is selected for the affected part)

Thank you very much for your time and help,

In fact I edited a master page by writing {@flowTitle@} then I applied it but it doesn’t work.
I have already watched all these videos several times and every time I think I have understood and suddenly bingo: new problem?!
My workaraound was Show flow headings and put to “Never”, but I was not satisfied or intellectually convinced of this solution
Finally:
@Toaster1974 was the solution ans also to put my head in order
thanks again

Not really resolve for me:

I come back to a problem that I already had: the token in a template is not converted on the pages.

• no pages overridden
  • All templates score and part pages are edited with {@flowTitle@}
  • try all taste in this: Layout Options > Page Setup > Flows > Flow title in header > Show above flow heading
    result never show or the right {@flowTitle@}
    I put the file where I study this part of Dorico, if somebody can help and explain me srill one time this problem .
    my_flow_title_token_template_problem.dorico (1.5 MB)

I don’t really understand what you want to happen here. I do know that one cannot call up a flowTitle token from outside the music frame until the flow itself exists in the music frame.

In the P1 layout, the option is set to “hide” flow titles above flow headings. If you change that option to “show”, the flow title appears. (Make sure you click Apply after making changes in Layout Options.)

In the full score layout, you’ve set it in Layout Options to use the First page template “never”, so it’s only using the Default page template.

Go to Layout Options > Flows, scroll down to setting Flow title in header. You have this set to Hide Above flow heading. Since the Flow Header is showing, the token in the (page) header is being hidden.

@Craig_F
Thanks for your help, but I tried all the possibilities here:
Snag_a7cc9a
No changes I can’t get the real tittle of the flow “my_flow_tittle”
flow_name
:

There can be a difference between the flow name, as set in the Flows panel in Setup mode, and the flow title, as set in the right-hand side of Project Info.

Tokens use the flow title, not the flow name.

As Lillie has explained, your Flow Title is defined in File > Project Info

flowTitle

@Lillie_Harris and @Lillie_Harris
Ok that was my error and there are no token like {@flowName@} to differentiate if I am wrong? That would be good and in fact (for me and the next time): if the {@flowTitle@} is empty in project info Dorico write the “flowName”
Thanks

Correct, there isn’t a flow name token.

1 Like