Tonic not in Cubase 6.5?

Hey Im using Cubase 6.5 on Mac and wondered - is Tonic still available? I used to like that plug in but I can’t see it anywhere…

I know there are some issues with it as a 32bit plugins. The strange thing is that VSTbridgeapp is present in my Cubase application package ( it doesn’t cause any problems when I start Cubase ). Also within the VSTPlugins folder inside the Cubase application package, inside Filter - I can see Tonic.vst. But it doesn’t show up in Plug in Information.

I am running Cubase in 32bit mode at the moment.

Cheers

Can you check your plug-in blacklist?

Problem:
PowerPC plug-ins are missing and can not be loaded or found, affecting e.g. Monologue, Embracer and Tonic
Workaround:
None. Apple does not provide the Rosetta component anymore, required to run PowerPC code on Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Solution:
If you rely on specific PowerPC plug-ins, do not update to Mac OS X Lion (10.7) or consider using alternative plug-ins!

From https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/free_articles/kb_show/mac-os-x-107-lion-information-on-compatibility-with-steinberg-products.html

Oh, this is PPC plug-in… Lion doesn’t support PPC apps any more. There is no Rosetta component in the Lion. Snow Leopard was the last one.

Ok thanks everyone.

Looks like I’ll have to say goodbye to Tonic. Ah well…

Not sure where to find my blacklist on OSX - anyone know?

Also wondered if Steinberg plan to replace Tonic with a non PPC vst ?

Or does anyone know any other plugs that do similar automated / randomised filtering patterns?

I’m sorry, but at this moment, when I know, this is PPC application only, it is 100% sure, you can’t solve it by deleting it from the blacklist.

But to answer your question: you can find the file here:
/Users//Library/Preferences/Cubase 6

On Mac OS X, you can find the /Library this way: go to Finder; open menu Go, press Option (Alt), and choose Library.

You can find more about Preferences files in this article.

Ok thanks for all your help people :slight_smile:

Looks like I will be searching for another filter plugin… Steinberg guys maybe you can think of including this in an update? :smiley:

I would like an alternative for this kind of filter too…
If someone have some ideas…