Top 5 - survey results..!

Jinx

Now I understand why no DAW fulfill my requests. Most people think and work so differently than me.

I’m sort of amazed that more inserts per track is not in the top list. But that’s just me.

Anyway, glad that Steiny is listening.

I’m surprised too, but there is a whole world out there, outside of this forum.
The basic sampler was the only one on the list that i voted for, and not that high on my list.

1. Parameter undo/redo history for MixConsole
    I can already imagine issues with automation.
  2. Enhanced window handling
    Well it’s hopefully not meant to work as it is now, I see it as a work in progress.
  3. Extend options to import tracks/channels in a project
    Almost there, needs a few tweaks to be really useful.
  4. Extend resizing possibilities for the rack zone
    Ehhh why? or What ?
    Sorting/moving channels in the mixer view would have made more sense to me.

Anyhow that’s just me, I take it. :wink:

The VST rack is a colossus. The rack in C6 and earlier actually worked very well, the only real issue was being unable to rename instruments - which is a big, big deal. So prefer the new one, but it just needs a proper collapsed view - just the bar with the plugin name, there’s nothing essential on the 2nd almost empty row. Reduced width wouldn’t hurt either, but I can see that being a bigger deal to code.

This is the kind of feature that seems inexplicable in its absence. Did the rack appear in C7? From day one, people were asking for this. It’s hard to believe its a massive coding job (compared to, say, a new Sampler assuming they don’t just bundle an existing one) - such an easy win.

Yes, but to whom?

It’s clear that they ignored all the actual survey results, and made their own list based on what they were going to do anyway.

Oooh, such a cynic :slight_smile:

To the survey :smiley:

My top 4 requests (who cares, but anyway)

1. Freeze up to a specific insert (a la Reaper and, now, Pro Tools)
  2. More inserts per track
  3. alt+Wheel to zoom vertically
  4. Expression Maps love

basic sampler should be all about integration, and a one-click (keycommand) workflow to perform a ‘send selected event(s) to sampler’; or ‘slice selected event at hitpoints and send to sampler’, which will at once create a new instrument track with the samples loaded. as for groove agent, it’s not entirely impotent, but definitely more of a MPC-style sample-triggering tool. for a well-integrated simple (sic) sampler, one needs to look no further than ableton’s ‘simpler’. one major feature omission in the current GA is the lack of legato, and better region-looping options. basically, people have started thinking of samplers as ‘sample library playback instruments’ (romplers, really), which is but one mode of using a sampler-- and a very lazy one at that. what this simple sampler should be all about is creativity and fast workflow (because it won’t replace kontakt’s sample library playability indeed, as someone previously noted).

Yes that has always bothered me - but I’ve just bought SoundToys 5 and hope the effects rack will mean the fight for slots is over for most processing.

As I understand it’s a different team working on VST Instruments (the Sampler would fall into that category) so it won’t affect the Cubase resources. This would be just instead of working on e.g. a new synth or something like that.

Also, as someone already pointed out, since there’s now even a MiniSampler included with the $50 Cubasis, it’s not likely to consume a lot of resources to have a scaled down sampler in Cubase as well, even for the Instruments team.

Simple sampler…haha!!.. Just see this Studio One 3.2: Editing Automation - YouTube, Studio One 3.2: General Workflow Enhancements - YouTube, Studio One 3.2: New Comping Options - YouTube. So the modern DAW has so look.

Oh ah THAT rack :blush: I somehow was thinking mixer.
YES that one is massive, and should IMHO be scalable like the mixer.

I will ask again what we are talking about 8.5.4 or 9? And if it’s all about 9 is there any use to keep posting and bumping in the Feature Request thread form now until the 9 will come out?

at least presonus are listening to steinbergs users feature requests :laughing:

it really looks amazing what they do there,looks so intuitive and less clicks workflow approach :unamused:

There’s always a grass is greener element though. There’s so many things we take for granted that cubase is great at.

my neighbor indeed has greener grass… he has different dealer :laughing:

but yes i get your point… cubase is a great program,we sometimes envy of other programs that have better functionality in some areas,but i think the core functionality should be taken forward in cubase… the tool arsenal for example,they added the comp tool etc… which is great but the basic editing is still lack of modern kind editing with lots of tracks corrections and speed. if its per basic events editing,automation,editing sections etc…

I can’t believe multitrack audiowarp is not on this list… It is like the most requested feature… This list is probably the top 5 easy stuff to implement.

1. Parameter undo/redo history for MixConsole
  • Should have been implemented as default. I can mix without it. Not so hard to set it back to where it was…
  1. Enhanced window handling
  • What does it matter. It should just work. And for now it does…
  1. Extend options to import tracks/channels in a project
  • Agg. Really. So adding a checkbox to not import the events and only the track is that much work… How about importing FX channels???
  1. Extend resizing possibilities for the rack zone
  • Was this one of the top 5 ??
  1. Basic Sampler?
  • Do we need another sampler?? Is this not Cubase 8.5 PRO??? Do we need a basic sampler in a PRO package??

I need “PRO” features… Like Multitrack audiowarp or Vocalsync in Cakewalk. Stop playing DAW…

A simple sampler?? Really? I’d have thought ‘bug fixing’ would be at the top of the list under, yes, features. If cubase gets any more features than it has it could possibly explode.

Who here doesn’t have battery? It’s what I use for triggering fx hits etc and couldn’t be simpler for that purpose and more.

You guys are asking for another can of worms to keep piling up these features but that’s just my
opinion.

your bang on. Even start an instance of Kontakt and drag a wav into it and hey presto you’ve got a sample to trigger.

There are too many underpolished features in Cubase.

–Templates
—Import tracks from project (all types)
— multitrack audio quantise (unusable)
– Variaudio - it needs to be as good as Melodyne for me to use it too

It is interesting isn’t it. I also voted for multitrack audiowarping/more VariAudio facilities; a ‘smart-tool’ too… but obviously, not enough people did…! (I wish I could remember all that was on that survey…)

But, whatever - they’ve crunched the numbers and this is what people voted for (coupled with SB’s input as to what they feel they can realistically deliver of course). Other stuff will come along the way too; this was the bigger ticket items, for the main version upgrades (a x.5 or a x.0 release). Lets not wish our lives away waiting for stuff to come to us… :neutral_face: