Touch OSC control for Cubase 10.5 Pro

I’ll check it out. Looks pretty cool indeed.

I don’t have problems with my setup (Nuendo 10.3). The 0dB works fine and EQ works okay. Although I must say I hardly ever use the EQ page. Did you change the TouchOSC to work with the plugin? In my setup inserts (and plugins) are not implemented.

Hi,

I just checked to set the Project to “+6dB max Volume”, so that the Fader has an upper limit of +6dB, and now the “set 0dB” sets the Fader to -0,03dB.
Is that the Value you get with your setup? Maybe it is normal to get 1,83dB when setting the Project to 12dB Max Volume.
I will find out the Value to set to 0dB then.
I have set up a new page with knobs and Buttons to get a representation of a Waves SSL Channelstrip in Insert 5 of the selected Channel (poor mans SSL Console…).
Rather to get an Overview of the plugin settings without opening the GUI on the Computer screen, than to manipulate it with my Tablet.
Here I found, that settings were not updated correctly when flipping through the channels.
Then I tried with the EQ page, to see If I was doing something wrong, but also there I can see, that the settings do not always update correct, when flipping through the channels.
Before I troubleshoot my system, I thought I’d ask if it is always relyable on your side.
In any case your template opened new aspects of the geneic remote to me.

Cheers,
Dirx

Thank you Vicken and misjavw for sharing!

Robert

Wow, thanks for the template! I have only been using Touch OSC since today and have thought and googled a lot about how I should best program my functions for Nuendo … and now I find your template. Brilliant. I will probably add some important key commands to it. But so far the template is absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

Hey guys, I am setting up my TouchOSC controllers and I am having hard time figuring out a specific thing. I need cubase to send touch OSC whatever kind of control each time I select a midi track. The purpose is to have multiple pages setup for multiple key switches. I managed to have cubase sending out a midi message but I can’t figure out how to customize the message per each track. I put a midi transform into a midi send but it doesn’t work… any hint?

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but I just started working with TouchOSC and really appreciate all the effort that has gone into the Nuendo template. I have a question about the XML file that gets imported into Nuendo. Is the information readily available on how this was created? I’d like to possibly add other functions but I’m not sure where to find information on configuring a midi controller and channel for a specific function. Obviously, some very bright people have worked it out. Is there some documentation on this? Thanks Again!

trmupstage in Cubase (I assume it is the same in Nuendo) when you create a generic remote (or import xml file from here) you can add more controllers on the top half and targets on the bottom half. The whole configuration is xml file that you can export it and share it. I personally started from someone elses xml file that I imported then added more functionality as my TouchOSC file grew.

Thank you so much for the help.

I’ve really dove deep into Touch OSC. I too have run into the problem that the 0dB button sets the fader to .03dB. Kind of odd. I’m not entirely sure of what is happening with that. Has anyone else figured out a way to get it to work correctly? Not a big deal but I’m curious as to how to fix it.

Hi,
as far as I got into it, the "set to 0db " is a MIDI message with the value 100 (defined and editable in touch OSC Editor).

I only tried briefly to get things right, but with no success.
A message with the Value 100 (translated as Volume in the generic remote) seems to set the Fader to -0.03dB if your Project Setup is set to “+6dB” Max Volume in Project Settings.
If you have the “+12dB” Setting in Project Settings, you will get 1.87dB when pressing the 0dB Button in Touch OSC.
I did not find a MIDI Value to get exact 0dB, or a “real” set to 0dB message in generic remote/key commands.

I’d be glad if someone found a workaround.

Cheers,
Dirx

Thank you for the reply. I will experiment a bit more. It’s not critical for how I’m using it but it would be good to get it going if possible.

thank you, Vicken. Your work is a great starting point for me!

CC midi has 128 steps (0-127). Thats the problem.’ The “steps” are simply to big. Use NRPN midi or pitchbend for higher resolution fader control, like in the MCU protocol. Then it will be possible to specify an exact 0db value for the fader. And: indeed it changes as you select different max fader values in your project. You would have to specify different 0db fader values for different project settings, controled by an external button or menue in your template.

1 Like

Hi everyone i downloaded the Cubase template and xml, all working, amazing work.
My only issue is with latency! Anyone else has latency from the moment you press any control to the time Cubase takes to respond? Is there a way to minimize it?
Thanks

PS: I’m using Samsung Galaxy SM-T713 tablet - Android 7.0 -Cubase Pro 11.0.41 - Windows 10 Pro
Running on a wireless local network.

thanks a lot, haven’t downloaded yet but I got into programming my own stuff in touch osc. Is there any way to display the current volume signal from an audio channel or group channel also in touch Osc?
Cubase would need to send it via midi (audio signal intensity converted to midi which could be displayed by touch osc in theory) if anybody does know… thanks…

I didn’t find a way other than what I did here, I don’t believe Cubase supports OSC, maybe Nuendo

Continuing the discussion from Touch OSC control for Cubase 10.5 Pro:

I have a problem with the generic remote using Touch osc, iv added a new generic remote with 3 basic transport controls, play stop and loop. I used the learn function to assign the midi channel and address which cubase seen and all looks good, then assigned the 3 buttons to Transport, Device, start stop and cycle but nothing happens when im trying to trigger, am i missing somethings? Never had trouble in the past when using hardware controllers.
Thanks for any advise.
Cubase 12.0.70
Latest Touch OSC and Bridge

Hey Terry - did you ever figure this out? I think that I might be having a similar issue setting up TouchOSC with Cubase 12. Clicks on Cubase are reflected in TOSC, but clicks in TOSC do nothing. Any ideas on that?