Touch Osc - Cubase to Fader midi transmit

Hi All

I have set up a touch OSC template to control the cubase mixer. I can’t for the life of me get the faders on the miver to transmit midi data to touch OSC. I can move the fader on the template and the Mixer fader responds. But if I touch the fader in cubase the template fader does not move,

I am using a WIN10 PC running Andy (Android emulator)

Any help wouls be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carl

Hi,

How do you communicate with Cubase? Do you use Generic Remote Device? Did you enable Transmit flag?

Hi

Yep, using generic remote and have enabled transmit flag. I have set up transport, mute and solo switches. They all have the same issue…

Carl

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot of the Generic Remote Device, please?

Hi

Please see attached. None of the controls set up generate midi back to touch Osc.

Cheers

Carl

Hi,

It looks OK. Could you try to set the MIDI Output port to some other port, where you can monitor the incoming MIDI data? To know, if Cubase does send the data out (and the issue is on the TouchOSC side) or Cubase doesn’t send the data out.

I’m just wondering, why do you have 4 Generic Remote Devices, please?

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, how do I change the midi output port? Touch OSC is expecting midi data to come into to it from port 9000. The extra Gen remote devices are for midi keyboards that have programmable buttons and sliders (and transport Functions).

Thanks

Carl

Hi,

I was thinking to change the MIDI Output Port directly in the Generic Remote Device, just temporarily for the test. Send the data to the MIDI-OX or similar MIDI Monitor application.

Yep

I think I get were your coming from. Just to see if any thing is coming out of cubase. I will have a go.

Thanks

Carl

Hi

I set up midi ox and cubase is not sending any midi info to the touch OSC Bridge software. I have emailed Hexler(Touch Osc) twice. Both times my email has come back as undelivered. I have a feeling there is a “switch” I haven’t clicked that wiill send midi out from Cubase?

Hi,

I have just tried with the Start button in Cubase. I’m not sending the data from/to OSC Bridge, but other application.

Btw, Cubase doesn’t send the data at the moment, when receives the data from the Generic Remote Device. To make sure, there is no MIDI Loop. It sends the data only if you trigger the function from Cubase directly.

Hi

I have moved on to Lemur, as I was struggling with Touch Osc. Lemur has a steeper learning curve, but allows you to go much more in depth with regards to Cubase control. Fader midi data is flowing freely to and from Cubase & Lemur (using the Daemon and LoopMidi). I was looking at purchasing Composer tools Pro, to sit on top of Lemur, but with all the Lemur/Project & Logical editor resource available I am going to have a go at creating my own Lemur/Cubase interface. I have a 23" touch screen that gives me lots of real estate to play with. Got a few more days of “non-productive” work ahead, but I am sure I will reap the benefits workflow wise when I have finished.

Thanks again Martin for your help

Carl