Touchscreen Monitor

Is anyone, or has anyone tried using a touchscreen monitor with Cubase 11 or 12 Pro on a PC. Search didn’t return anything so asking here. The updated Remote Controller scripting is still inadequate to map, for example, the Behringer X-Touch. Steinberg’s own IC Control app is underdeveloped and insufficient but for very simple actions.

Hi,

Cubase works worth touch screens as single cluck. It doesn’t support multi-touch or gestures and it’s not really optimized for the touch control.

Thanks, single click is all one does on a dedicated controller when pushing buttons anyways. Do fader moves work? Can I click on anything in Cubase Project window and Mixer window as one does with a mouse pointer and expect the same result? And what does “not optimized” mean? What actually happens or can be expected as a result? Thanks Martin.

Hi,

Yes, you can point to any object and move it like if you would click and move.

By not optimized I mean some controls are too small, not well reachable.

Would using a touchscreen pen instead of finger help with the buttons size issue? Thanks again Martin. I am guessing you don’t really recommended it.

one of my monitor is dell touch 27in
but i didnt use it with cubase because the program not move as u expect very slow with touch and only with one finger and some parameter very tiny so u will make a lot of accident

1 Like

Thanks, very helpful answer.
All the best.

1 Like