Track audio pictures and visual levels for vocals, but no sound

This has happened to me before but I can’t remember how I resolved it. The 1st time I was importing Cubase 5 to Cubase 9. Everything played except the vocal tracks, even though I could see the track pictures and the levels moving

Now I have Cubase 10.5 and just imported a song from my iMac Time Machine to my new Apple M-1 Studio. Found all missing tracks but not hearing the audio from my vocal tracks.
I know this is a simple fix but can’t remember what I did before
Help!

Hi,

Double-check the routing, please. Is the output of the track setup correctly, please?

Also try to click the Unmute all Mute State button (even if it’s not yellow) from the toolbar, please.

Just a note: Cubase 10.5 is not officially sorted on macOS 11 neither 12.

Thanks for the speedy reply I’ll give it a shot

Nope, still not hearing vocals

Hi,

Could you try to Duplicate the track?

Or could you try to add new Audio Track, note the Audio Events to the new one, same as the all Inserts?

Thanks for your help Martin, I found out what the problem was and it was so obvious I should’ve found it sooner. Importing the project from the iMAC to the M-1, some of the plug in, inserts did not recognize the licensing and as such didn’t allow the audio to be heard. Specifically it was the Antares Auto Tune EFX, hence the reason that only vocals were effected. Also, in the process of trying to solve this, I read in another topic about set the recording folder, which is another issue that occurs when moving a project recorded from one device to a newer device. Thanks again!

1 Like