This wasn’t fixed in 5.5.3 and is also in 6… on pc and mac.
- create 4 midi tracks
- Click the 4th midi track
- Click its + volume button to make the volume automation track to unfold.
- Click the volume track, then hit ‘z’ to maximise it…
- now click the - volume button to make the volume track disappear.
- Now the top MIDI track is selected…Why? surely the 4th one should be as this is what i was editing?
- In large projects, cubase also shoots up to the top track so you have to scroll down to find the track you were editing again, and if you have record automatically selected in prefs, it also arms the 1st track…v annoying…