I would love the following features :
- Multiple track freeze/freeze (as requested by so many people)
- Shortcut to freeze/unfreeze
but also new suggestions like :
- Background freeze processing (instead of a dialog box). DOP already works in background, so why not ?
- Auto unfreeze/freeze (if the option is activated): if there is a tempo change, Cubase can update the tracks. If I want to edit a plugin, it can unfreeze temporarly, and freeze again in background when another track is selected. Possibility to add another plugin as insert on a empty slot below occupied slots, without unfreezing. Once done Cubase updates automatically the frozen track in background.
- Intelligent autofreeze for the whole project : detects most consumming tracks and auto freeze them in background, auto unfreeze when editing.
With such an option (intelligent autofreeze), the load capacity of a computer would be dramatically expanded. Maybe that suggestion is not convenient with the load time of VST instruments, like samplers. A workaround would be to offer multiple options :
2.Intelligent autofreeze but keeps instruments loaded in memory (then they do not use CPU anymore, but in case the track is unfrozen they are ready to go)