Track Number Display On Effects Tab

I’m getting the wrong track number displayed in the effects tab and plugin chain window, when the montage is created by duplicating tracks in a certain way.

To reproduce:

1. Make a montage with one track.
  2. Add a Track plugin to the track.
  3. Duplicate the track.
  4. Duplicate Track 1 again.

Track 1 and Track 2 both display as Track 1 on the effects tab and the plugin chain window when you select each track.

What I can reproduce, is that as soon as your step #3, the second track name is still “Track 1”

The other weird thing is, if I just do Steps 1, 2, and 3, Track 1 appears as Track 1, but Track 2 appears as Track #2 (with a # symbol). Then when I do step 4, the # symbol goes away, and both Track 1 and Track 2 appear as Track 1. (no # symbol).

If I then make a Step 5, and Duplicate Track 3, that’s a problem too. (both Track 3 and Track 4 appear as Track 3).

Sorry PG, I see the logic now. The Effect Window is displaying the Track Name, not the Track Number.

But it seems like it should add the word Copy to the end of the Track Name when it makes a duplicate track, like most other computer operations add the word Copy when they duplicate something. It would make it less confusing for me anyway.