I’ve upgraded from Cubase 8 to Nuendo 10 recently and I’m not sure if this is a feature that i don’t understand or a bug.
I expect Nuendo to number all tracks from top to bottom according to how i arrange them in the project window and list them in the same ordern in the mixconsole from left to right - no matter what. However, when I divided the track list in a resent project to move the marker and louness tracks to the top and keep everything else in the bottom window, the numbers on the tracks got messed up in a way that i cannot comprehend or retrance. The order of tracks stays the same in the project window but the numbers change. So from top to bottom i end up with track numbers …9, 10, 11, 22, 23, 12, 13…17, 24, 25, 18. In the mixing console, the track change order according to their new numbers as soon as I divide the channel list. When I swith off the “deivde track list” option, everything goes back to normal.
I’ve attached pictures of the “in order” and “messed up” state of both the project window and the mixconsole. The only thing that lies between the screenshots is hitting the “divide track list” button.
I really don’t care about the track numbers, but the tracks jumping around in the mixconsole is just an absolute no-go in bigger projects…or any projects actually.
I ran into this issue with N 11.0.40. I added audio tracks to a project and put them into the appropriate folders in the project window. As long as the track list is not devided, they are numbered accordingly and appear in the MixConsole at the correct position. Activating “Device Track List” immediately changes the track numbers of the new tracks to appear after the previous last audio track and they move in the MixConsole to that position.
I just stumbled over the same issue - in Cubase 14 that is. I imported tracks from a different project and that apparently messed everything up. Anyone got this sorted somehow?
I sorted it out in my situation by making sure to switch off the track list divider in both the source and the destination project. I’m not entirely sure if it has to be switched off in both projects or if it’s enough to switch it off in one of both, but I didn’t have time for extensive testing and this one did the trick. So apparently the track import doesn’t pair well with the devided track list - after importing the devided track list can be enabled again. Just if someone stumbles upon this thread.
I’ve just ran into exactly this scenario now in Nuendo 14.0.41.
I don’t remember this ever happening before, and I can’t seem to find a way to solve it.
I’d like to avoid having to re-import everything into a new project.
Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?
I’m sorry to still receive email notification to this topic six years after posting the original issue! Switched to Reaper 2 or 3 years ago, where bugs like that get fixed within months if not days, and never looked back. Ofc I realize that switching DAW is a pain in more than just the butt, but I still recommend it to everyone that is not bound to very Nuendo-specific features or workflows and wants to work with a serious tool by a company that takes pride in listening to their users and taking them seriously.