*.trackpreset files

The Cubase 9.5 documentation states: “Included with Cubase are several track presets that are pre-configured for use with expression maps. They contain sounds that make use of key switches and have different articulations. These presets have the suffix VX.”

I can’t locate these suffix VX presets.

Following this link:

I’m told that:

“Track presets (included with the program) -
Folder where program is installed into \Track Presets (with sub folders \Audio, \Instrument, \Midi, \Multi) as *.trackpreset”

On my system this would be in: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5 However, there’s no \Track Presets subfolder here.

"Track presets (user defined) -
Win: \Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Track Presets

On my system this is: C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Track Presets\ and the (empty) subfolders are present.

There are no *.trackpreset files at all on my system. Have I missed something during installation?

I don’t have those directories here either, but the preset files can be found in Mediabay or in the Halion Sonic SE browser. (It looks like they now reside inside the encrypted VST library packages.)

Thanks Steve.

I’ve noticed that the date of your “Acoustic Bass VX.trackpreset” is 25/1/2018 whereas mine is just called “Acoustic Bass VX” and dated 22/9/2017.

My “HALion Sonic SE Component” is version 3.1.0 (installed 11/3/2018) and the “HALion Sonic SE Content” is 2.0.1 (installed 29/8/2017).

So I assume I need to update the “HALion Sonic SE Content”, but where is it? The download assistant has no such thing listed, nor does the download site.

It would be useful if Steinberg could tell me “this is what you’re licensed for” and “this is what you are entitled to” and to check my computer to see if anything needs updating. The download page lists lots of products which I don’t know anything about or whether I’m entitled to use them.

Regards, Richard.

Those differences are inconsequential, so you have found the files you’re asking about.