Tracks grouping rogue

Hi All
I was hoping to pick your brains please. I can’t find a solution online unfortunately so any help greatly appreciated.
Sometimes (about 25% of the time) when I’ve got a vst instrument in the rack with multiple midi and instrument tracks inside, it highlights all tracks together as if I was grouping them. The group icon doesn’t appear, just the behaviour of grouping. I’m unable to edit individual tracks within this instrument (ie it edits all at once). Has anyone else come across this?
Many thanks
Jon

Hi and welcome to the forum,

What exactly do you mean, please? Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Hi Martin
Many thanks for replying. I’ve taken a screenshot. The ‘Instruments FX’ virtual instrument has 3 enabled tracks (midi and instrument). Normally, highlighting the events on 1 midi track (for eg here, the first one titled Halion 6), should only highlight that event, but it is highlighting the other 2 (Harmonizer 1 & 2). Does that make sense? Normally you group/ungroup these with ctrl+g and it shows an icon in the event. In this case there’s no icon showing, but they’re behaving like they’re grouped and can’t be ungrouped.
Thanks again
Jon

Hi,

The Group Editing is enabled on the Instruments FX 1 Folder track. You can see the folder part is doted, which indicates, this folder has the Group Editing enabled.

Hi Martin
Yes that’s my point actually, it’s grouped but I can’t ungroup it. I can’t screenshot whilst displaying the top menu bar but…
Edit - group and
Edit - ungroup are both greyed out…can’t change the setting, seems like it’s fixed
Thanks again
Jon

Hi,

The MIDI Parts are not grouped. The Group Editing is enabled on the Folder track, as I mentioned.

Increase the track folder height and deselect the grouping icon (orange equal sign)

hi Martin, hi SF Green
Yes many thanks again. I’ve tried doing that and the folder height wont change. I can see that it should be available by going into track control settings but doesnt show on the top line and cant drag the line down. Bit odd i know …Can’t work out why it happens occasionally and not on others…I’ll just make a new rack i think. Appreciate the help though guys, many thanks
Jon